@RED HOWARD I sat in an office chair with wheels just high enough so my feet were fully planted on the ground then gently rolled back and forth with my foot stationary until I could feel the stretch going a little further each session. it worked great for me.
@_Annie_ it really helped me to keep track of steps! So glad I learned that one! It was hard for me when I went back to work but I told my employers that it was super important and they knew when I was having a bad day too as I iced at lunch. They were really supportive. Your knee is really...
Hi Annie I’m glad the posts are helping you! It sure was a hard road for quite a while! The sleeping issues will get better with time! I slept with my ice machine on many nights. You can do this!
:flwrysmile:@muldoh oh gosh you are in the beginning!! You can do this!!! Oh how I remember those days... it can get quite discouraging at time but keep up your recovery the bone smart way! It works oh and give yourself a break now and then! You are on a long haul but the rewards are wonderful...
Well here I am ... this night 2 years ago I was just out of the recovery room and wondering what was going to happen in my recovery. Within a week I had found this forum and although I was a lurker at first trying to learn all I could to help me in this process.
I just want to say THANK YOU to...
Nothing different. I have no problems with bending. As a matter of fact I sit at a taller chair with a metal ring about a foot off the ground ... It used to be so hard to bend my knee to put my foot on the ring.. I don’t even think about it now.
Ok so I’m 14 months out now and this last few days I noticed that I’m having some pain in my RTKR knee... it’s hard to describe but it’s on my right side of the knee it feels like curves around just outside of the patella. It’s a sharp pain it doesn’t travel it kind of feels like its in a spot...
Hi I had pain behind the knee too! It was pretty bad at times. My therapist at the time tried a laser treatment that warmed the tissues deep inside to help it. I was not allowed to ice on those days after wards only warmth. It seemed to help. Although I must admit it gradually lessened over...
@Macknit
:fingersx:
I agree with all. I have always had the best plan my company had available. This year I have had to buy a car due to a young girl texting on her phone and running into me and my paid off perfectly good car! The shock of an extra 1/3 increase of insurance was very hard on me...
Rustic...Thank you for your response! I too am one of those Murphy’s law type of people.
Yes statistically I do believe most people have after a year been good to go.... but as I was contemplating this change I started paying more attention to my latest knee issues, pain in certain spots...
So I have a dilemma... my knee is doing pretty well at just over a year. It does get stiff after a day on my feet (we are talking a good 8 hours of lifting and carting buckets). some days, not all I have pain in the am and need Tylenol to help. My company just raised my insurance to a level...
I am a year out with full RTKR. I have bad days in my job. Just a couple weeks ago I was icing at lunch and after work. I don’t know what caused the pain and ache.
I’m on my feet similar to you I also am lifting and twisting. I work in a flower shop as a operations manager and work average of...
Happy knee anniversary to me!! One year today! I’m so glad I decided to have my knee done! Best of all I am so glad I found this forum! It helped me so much and continues to help whenever I am in need of advise!!
Thank you everybody!
Robo
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.