Recent content by Robinmhs88

  1. Robinmhs88

    MUA 5 week failure<

    Thank you all, I am going to see if my insurance will let me go up north to the Mayo Clinic. I really would like to fix it. Right now I am taking care of my husband who has Stage 4 Pancreatic cancer and I am finding that stress is making my whole body hurt and especially my bad knee. Again thank...
  2. Robinmhs88

    MUA 5 week failure<

    I saw my second opinion doc last yr (June). I just told my husband I should have someone new look at it. It really is painful and has made other areas, including my left knee more painful. Never heard of a revision surgeon, how do you find those?
  3. Robinmhs88

    MUA 5 week failure<

    Well it's been 617 days and I feel as discouraged as ever. I have learned to live with it.....It's twice the size of my other knee, I can bend very little and I have pain every second of every day! Can I get a do over :heehee:
  4. Robinmhs88

    MUA 5 week failure<

    Thanks for your insight, but I didn't claim he's an expert with knees he was talking to me about the 3 joint replacements in my foot I need. He said I should be tested to see if my body is rejecting the metal before we try to do my feet. Our bodies don't like foreign objects in them so...
  5. Robinmhs88

    MUA 5 week failure<

    No I would use a different team of doctors. I have been told by my foot doctor that some people's bodies reject the implant but idk. He said I should look for a new team and see what they say about it. It's beyond frustrating
  6. Robinmhs88

    MUA 5 week failure<

    Yes I did get a second opinion and like you the X-ray looks fine. My knee is still more than twice the size as my other knee. That doctor said unfortunately some people, no matter how much they try, they can't bend their knee. I still exercise but it doesn't bend. I have learned to walk, even...
  7. Robinmhs88

    MUA 5 week failure<

    Yeah I am still walking but my bend is 80 if that. Just learned how to move with it. I too wish I never did it and what's worse is my left knee is giving out. I am glad you reached out. Life has been a struggle but I just push on. Sorry your still struggling :( thinking of you
  8. Robinmhs88

    MUA 5 week failure<

    Hey there funkymuse... I am doing well still the same as before but living life. How are you?
  9. Robinmhs88

    MUA 5 week failure<

    Thank you @4quilts for taking the time to let me know your situation. Our surgeries were close to the same day :). I am functioning but making no new progress and I am okay with that right now. I have been doing my own exercises and walking up stairs almost every day, getting better but walking...
  10. Robinmhs88

    MUA 5 week failure<

    As I sit here tonight, two weeks from my one year mark (tkr surgery) I can’t believe the journey I have gone through. I am still bending around only 90 degrees, lots of muscle tightening and constant discomfort. I have learned to adjust my life around my new limitations and realize this may be...
  11. Robinmhs88

    MUA 5 week failure<

    Well today is 8 months since Tkr and 5 months since mua... I went to see another Dr and he was wonderful. He took an X-ray of my knee and said everything looked good. Alittle h2o under the knee cap but other then that good. He thinks my body, never having any trauma before this, is just...
  12. Robinmhs88

    TKR Struggling through recovery<

    Hang in there... these post and all these people will motivate you when you are down :)
  13. Robinmhs88

    MUA 5 week failure<

    Hi all, thanks for checking in on me. No real change to report. Almost at 7 months (tkr) & 4 months (mua) Feel like I am starting to learn how to walk with a bend and lift but some days it’s still a struggle. I am doing the best I can with what I got. I still do some exercises and learned that...
  14. Robinmhs88

    MUA 5 week failure<

    Well I hit 6 months TKR and 3 months MUA and ughhhhh I can bend to 90, no further, my knee is still sore but I am getting closer to walking normal. PT is pushing my bend more then massage so I have given up paying for what he wants instead of what I need. Still feeling frustrated as I wonder if...
  15. Robinmhs88

    MUA Oct 2017 TKR - Hematoma - MUA - Finally past 90!<

    I swear your doctor and my doctor are one in the same. I get the disappointed look and shaking of his head but never his support. I didn’t sign up to be in this position, I was assured this would be better for me. I was limping around before this surgery and mua but never had a problem...
Back
Top Bottom