Recent content by Rlucillem

  1. Rlucillem

    PKR Recovery Time

    Celle, Thanks for you kind reply. No one I live with can understand how it really is. I just wish I knew for sure I will ever be pain free again. The part of my knee that was not replaced is the part that hurts the most.It feels like it was just cut or torn. I think if I would have had a full...
  2. Rlucillem

    PKR Recovery Time

    I would like to share with any one who is contemplating partial knee replacement to be SURE you want to do it. I had 2 partials on July 15, 2013 and I have had nothing but misery ever since. If only I had known.....:hairpulling:
  3. Rlucillem

    PKR Recovery Time

    Could some one please tell me if I am normal and will ever get rid of this terrible post operative pain?? I had surgery July 15 2013 and I am still having very bothersome misery in my left knee. I had 2 partials. I can't live like this much longer. The surgeon told me he got the left knee too...
  4. Rlucillem

    PKR Recovery Time

    Thanks for the encouragement! Were you told that you will need a full replacement down the road some day? The thought of that scares me to death!
  5. Rlucillem

    PKR Recovery Time

    Caryl, Can you tell me why you needed a full replacement only 11 years later? Is it because the other side of the knee went bad? I WORRY constantly that will happen to me. I still have pain and stiffness and it has been over 3 months. If I ever have to have knee replacements again, well I hope I...
  6. Rlucillem

    PKR Recovery Time

    Hey Folks, Check out this link broken link removed: https://stemmds.com/ Did we get our surgery too soon? This is the method I was hoping for and asked my surgeon about. He said it won't happen in your life time.
  7. Rlucillem

    PKR Recovery Time

    Jamie.. thanks for your suggestions. It seems nothing works for me like it does for others. Mo one told me about elevating my legs. I tried it for a while this morning and it didn't help at all. It is like I said in my last quote....I am trying to resign myself to a life of misery from being cut...
  8. Rlucillem

    PKR Recovery Time

    Staci ... I am so sorry you lost your mom at such a young age. I know I was fortunate to have mine as long as I did, but it is still HARD. As for keeping a journal, I hope I never have to think about all I've been through ever again, much less see it in writing. I know everyone is different ...
  9. Rlucillem

    PKR Recovery Time

    Staci, Thanks so much for your encouragement. I know all about the tears...I have cried almost every day since mom's been gone. And YES she would have been the most sympathetic to my issues.I often wonder if I'll ever be happy again in my life.I probably shouldn't have had the surgery thing so...
  10. Rlucillem

    PKR Recovery Time

    Thanks for telling me how to respond. I am new here. I know I was badly mislead. I had spurs on the one knee and a bone chip in the other. Maybe that is why the incisions are so long. I was on 5-10 mg of oxycodone HCL and 2 Tylenol every four hours when I got home. I could hardly make it till...
  11. Rlucillem

    TKR Tracy's journey

    It is comforting to learn how others coped with surgery. I had 2 partials done July 15, and I guess I expected too much, but I get so discouraged. I am used to working hard and now I can hardly do anything till my foot swells. My left knee is stiff and feels like something is trying to push thru...
  12. Rlucillem

    PKR Recovery Time

    Does anyone here know how to relax after surgery. Is it drug withdrawal, or why do I feel like screaming or hitting something? It is a terrible feeling and I have been struggling with it since my surgery on July 15. I am on 2 kinds of meds for my nerves.Does anyone else have these issues? Is it...
  13. Rlucillem

    TKR Speedy2 Knee's First Birthday!

    Carol, Thanks so much for your support. My mom was the closest person I had in my life. I still have to cry when I think about her. With the recent surgery my emotions have really been upset. One thing makes it worse is hearing the story of my cousin who had a full double knee replacement in...
Back
Top Bottom