Hello everyone,
Well I made it through the day. I went to the doctor and had the staples removed and he put steri strips on. He said they will come off within 7 days and if they don't remove them in a week. The incision looks great not at all red or angry. He was very pleased with my recovery...
Good morning Fernie,
I live with ice and elevating when I am sitting. I sleep with my cryo-cuff and ice pack on the back of my knee. I know what you are saying about stiffness. My leg is like a straight board. There is no bend at all. That is why I am icing so much. I feel if I can get the...
Sounds good to me. I do all my running and going to lunch when I go to therapy as I can't drive yet. I am starting to go outside and letting my chickens out to free range and I pick up my eggs. So I am increasing my activity slowly. It is just great to be alive. Yeaaaa. I still have help with...
Good morning everyone,
I hope everyone is doing well. It is cold cold cold in Georgia this morning 28 degrees. Burrrrr. I am still improving every day. So far really no bad days. I am eating and sleeping pretty well. Some times I sleep past my medication times, so all must be getting better. My...
Fernie,
I have to go to PT twice a week. I see the doctor next week and I believe he will remove the staples at that time. I can't drive so I will have to find someone to take me to the appointments. My daughter may come to stay with me a few days and brother said he maybe can come to stay. We...
Good Morning Fernie,
I am doing great. Yes my leg feels like a stick straight board. No bend to it at all. It is kind of frustrating. But I know in the end I will get my bend back. After the accident on the bike I expected it to be sore today and it is. The PT lady said if I am comfortable not...
Fernie,
I just went back and read some of your posts. I am sorry you are having some problems. Keep your head up it will get better. You will be in my prayers.
Roxanne
Hi Fernie,
Glad you made to the other side. I am doing great too. I have had some set backs, but all my own fault. I just feel so darn good that I could not help over doing it. But live and learn.
The knee will let you know and I am trying to get the swelling down. I have gone to PT twice and...
Well I went to PT today and they had me on a bike to warm up. My feet we in the stirrups and I was slowing going back and forth. No pressure to do anything that hurt and I swear the bike had a mind of its own. The pedals took off and did a full rotation. I think I died. I knew it was happening...
Hello everyone,
Day 7 and I can still say all is well. I still have some swelling from over doing it on Sat. I can't tell you how right you guys are when you say if you over do it the knee will let you know. Not so much in pain but in swelling. I have kept it iced and elevated and have stayed...
Hello all,
I am at day 6 and doing real well. I live with my ice packs front and back take my meds by the clock and take lots of naps. I do walk around the house without my walker ans seem to do alright. I don't have any balance issues and I am not light headed at all. I am so glad that all is...
Well friends I have made it to the other side. I am home and doing extremely well. I have had my first PT appointment today and it went well. I do not have any problems with extending my leg flat, but do have a problem with flexing the knee as I do have a lot of swelling. I am using the cyro...
Well it is over. I have my brand new knee. My surgery started at 7:30 am and I was in my room by 11:30. We got my pain under control and I have gone to the restroom and Pt. had me walk a lap. I doing so wonderful I hope it continues
I will try to post on the recovering forum when I can get on a...
Well guys tomorrow is the day. They have called me three times and changed my check in time. Now I have to be at the hospital at 5 am and will be the first one in for the doctor. I told them I like a fresh doctor and they laughed at me. But I am afraid they are going to send me home. Friday...
Fernie like Titian said the antibiotic is a prevention for MRSA. I guess it likes to reside in nasal cavities so my OS gives the antibotic as a precaution. My sister-in-law arrived safely last night aroound 6:15 pm. All of our dogs are getting along. She was very pooped, but happy she made it...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.