Recent content by RIT387

  1. R

    TKR How long until you said "I'm glad I had the TKR"'

    Thanks to all who responded to my update yesterday. It is comforting to know we have this resource to come back to whenever needed or sometimes daily/hourly to keep grounded. Although I was happy with my ROM number yesterday I now know this is just one marker of recovery and I have a few other...
  2. R

    TKR How long until you said "I'm glad I had the TKR"'

    @Freestyle Yes, it all has been so stressful but Bonesmart keeps me grounded. I too didn't challenge my OS and just listened at my six week appointment. I told her I had to think about the MUA and called back and left a message declining. Of course, after researching it reaffirmed my gut...
  3. R

    TKR How long until you said "I'm glad I had the TKR"'

    @smokey1 Yes, the pain and recovery was much more than I expected! My before was not was bad as many here. It sounds like you are making good progress though for 5 weeks! Keep going slowly and listening to your body as will I. My knee is aching today from my PT session yesterday.
  4. R

    TKR How long until you said "I'm glad I had the TKR"'

    @GiantFinnegan Walking around the block is great progress! I hear you. I was in a funk too. My OS and PT messed with my head and I felt like I was failing and had to have the MUA at first. I kept coming back here for reassurance to keep going and also Bonesmart gave me the courage to just...
  5. R

    TKR How long until you said "I'm glad I had the TKR"'

    Well, here's my almost 7 month update. Overall doing well, progress each month, and can do most of the stuff in my life again. I still get zingers and weird pains and get fatigued/sore with more than 1 mile walks. I still ice every day as it feels good and to to help with inflammation. But...
  6. R

    TKR Not Again

    I used a space heater in front of my recliner for first 2 months. Went between hot and cold from all the icing. Being comfortable is key for recovery so keep trying different things. I started sleeping better month 3 (using melatonin and CBD oil)
  7. R

    TKR Amazingly better experience with knee #2!

    Sending positive energy your way @BBCG. Your energy and attitude are inspiring. I too love my mornings filled with birdsong from outside. I live in AZ and enjoy seeing Gambal Quail parades in my yard with babies. Enjoying simple pleasures each day during recovery is key!
  8. R

    THR Help please

    @sandyw Hi Sandy. Sorry to hear of your tough challenges. I will share that I too have foot, leg numbness and low back pain that got worse after two surgeries. My OS said it was unrelated to my LKTR post surgery. I'm in the middle of diagnostics with a neurologist and hope to have a...
  9. R

    TKR Massage therapy

    Hello. I'm 5 months post LKTR and the band tightness has gone away this last month. It was so uncomfortable. My knee cap still feels odd at times though. So we have to keep being patient, gentle and give it time. My ROM is still at 105. I need pep talks frequently. Keep sharing!
  10. R

    TKR How long until you said "I'm glad I had the TKR"'

    I just realized I received a MAA today, not a MUA. "Manual Attitude Adjustment!" Hahaha. Thank you to all the forum advisors who keep reminding some of us more than thers that we are still early in our recoveries. And to members for sharing their recovery journeys. You aid my mental health...
  11. R

    TKR How long until you said "I'm glad I had the TKR"'

    @BBCG Thank you! It is so helpful to read each other's journeys. I wish you an easy recovery on #2. Yes, getting back to normal living and not thinking about knees would be lovely! I will try some magnesium gel for both knee and feet. Good reminder as I had read about it. I am going through...
  12. R

    TKR How long until you said "I'm glad I had the TKR"'

    Interesting comparison to yoga which I can relate to. I also did not get a ROM measurement in the 6 months before LKTR so dont have a baseline. Just from a prior year. Another good point along with MUA doesn't always improve it! Will keep doing what I am doing. Just did some gentle pool...
  13. R

    TKR How long until you said "I'm glad I had the TKR"'

    Thank you @Jockette. It was your journey that I was remembering....your words were so helpful....."have faith! Some of us just take longer." I took a screenshot to read when I start worrying again. The medical team did implant into my head!
  14. R

    TKR How long until you said "I'm glad I had the TKR"'

    I'm on month 5. Doing well overall and finally measured ROM again yesterday. It's still at 105 - same as 2/8/21. I am trying to be patient and not be discouraged AGAIN. Just searched for ROM and read slow progress posts again like one of the posts in link below. I just wish I could get to...
  15. R

    Bilateral TKR This is more than I bargained for!

    @grannydeb Hello. The recovery is harder than I expected too. I also had not heard it could take a year to recover (didn't find Bonesmart until 6 weeks post surgery). I just keep coming back here and reading journeys and article links when I get discouraged and need inspiration. Those of you...
Back
Top Bottom