Recent content by ridgetop01

  1. ridgetop01

    TKR From top of ridgetop, looking down to recovery

    Hi folks - checking in with a question. I'm almost 6.5 months out now, saw surgeon on Friday and reported having persistent pain at bottom of thigh, just above the knee, going both up and down stairs. It really doesn't bother me any other times. The surgeon said he thinks it's quadriceps...
  2. ridgetop01

    TKR 4 November and struggling<

    Kate23, you mention "microfractures ... done during the arthroscopy ... never healed". That sounds problematic. What does your surgeon say about them? What does your PT say? They should certainly be taking these into account when they assess your pain levels. Also, re: summer holiday and PT, you...
  3. ridgetop01

    TKR 4 November and struggling<

    Hi Kate23 - I had surgery a day before you. I find it's easy to get frustrated at still having pain, and not being able to do anything. It seems, though, that everyone's recovery is so different. I see improvement from one week to the next, but it's slow. At present I still have pain off and on...
  4. ridgetop01

    TKR From top of ridgetop, looking down to recovery

    Just checking in. I'm 9.5 weeks out, according to PT I'm doing great. The right front of the knee has a mild ache with each step and I'm still building strength on stair climbing/descending, but I get around well generally. I was kind of worried about the mild ache thing, but looking at other...
  5. ridgetop01

    TKR Biggest issue - discouragement/pain

    How long we're you expected to wear the compression stockings? For some reason they make my legs itch terribly, such that I bruise myself scratching! Thanks for input.
  6. ridgetop01

    TKR Well Nov. 3 is here!!!

    @MercysPeace , so good to see you have surfaced, and that you are starting to get pain under control - what a struggle that is! It amazes me that this is my 2nd TKR (1st was 9 yrs ago), and I managed to forget just how hard this is, for how long, sigh! Well, I guess we have nowhere to go but...
  7. ridgetop01

    TKR Biggest issue - discouragement/pain

    Thx for the input. You are right, I am about -5 of a straight leg, and my bend is at 80-82 degrees. My surgeon has very specific expectations for bend - 75 after one week, 90 after two weeks. Today the pt was forcing, trying to get more bend and extension, and everything hurt a LOT for the rest...
  8. ridgetop01

    TKR Biggest issue - discouragement/pain

    Dear Josephine - thank you for caring and advocating. I feel better today than I have till now - I was depressed the last few days, and the pain is improving, as is the constipation. I will reply to your questions... 1. Pain levels right now are only about at 3. By evening it'll be 6 or a bit...
  9. ridgetop01

    TKR Biggest issue - discouragement/pain

    So far (8th day post-op) I think my biggest issue is discouragement over the level of pain. Someone here posted "Is it really supposed to hurt this much" quite a long time ago, and I can only echo that. I knew coming into it that it would hurt like the devil, but that doesn't make it any easier...
  10. ridgetop01

    TKR Day 7

    @Stompy63 , it sounds like you are doing really well so far, considering that you are getting outside. I haven't ventured out of the downstairs of the house since I came home 3 days ago (I'm 6 days out). You inspire me, actually:walking:. Depression is tough - I'm not depressed, but have had a...
  11. ridgetop01

    TKR From top of ridgetop, looking down to recovery

    Ok - biggest surprise - how easy it is to go from doing ok to crazy weeping in-pain MESS! Last night fell apart at bedtime, started crying from pain and then started hyperventilating - I wonder how common that is? Happened to me in hospital and at rehab last go- round, about 6 times total. It...
  12. ridgetop01

    TKR From top of ridgetop, looking down to recovery

    Continuing to progress, constipation issues working out, what a relief! Currently usin Tramadol & Tylenol , would like to try oxycodone once I am clearly " out of the woods" for better pain control. SO NICE TO BE HOME - amazing how therapeutic that is!!!! This surgery is SO hard, and med...
  13. ridgetop01

    TKR Well Nov. 3 is here!!!

    Welcome back, @MercysPeace ! Was looking out for you, good to know you are progressing!!!
  14. ridgetop01

    TKR gr82cu2 Hello new knee, it's great to see you!

    @gr82cu2 , so glad things are improving some today! I am doing quite well compared to other leg when I had general and woke up in incredible agony - recovery wasHARD!! This time had spinal + femoral, both worked, now just using Tramadol + Tylenol - oxycodone is too constipating and I am still...
  15. ridgetop01

    TKR gr82cu2 Hello new knee, it's great to see you!

    I think surgeons see us, far too often, as a point on a bell curve of experiences that make up average. They don't realize that our personal deviations, which they may have seen similar cases of before in their careers, are traumatic for us as individuals, and they too often forget we need to be...
Back
Top Bottom