Recent content by referee54

  1. referee54

    Letter of approval!

    You will most likely need some PT to help you get things going while in the hospital---but you can set limits even there as to what you will allow them to do to you. After my BTKR, I had PT only twice a week---and there were times that I would cancel a day or two---anymore than that will not...
  2. referee54

    abnormal lab results after ltkr

    I took care of it for you!
  3. referee54

    Bilateral TKR in January - I have questions

    I had a BTKR nine years ago, and I was 80% excited to be losing a painful and restrictive lifestyle---the other 20% of the time I was nervous. I can tell you that, in looking back, I would have done it the same way again. One pre-op, one surgery, one hospital stay, and one recovery. My...
  4. referee54

    Choosing a Dr

    My surgeon (nine years ago) was in his early 40's.
  5. referee54

    TKR 9 weeks and my biggest complaint is muscle soreness>

    Yes---some surgeons tell their patients to avoid it---mine let me kneel after six months, due to the little button inside the patella. I have tried to kneel---and it really, really, feels weird, so I try to avoid it. I would talk to your surgeon for his protocol on kneeling.
  6. referee54

    abnormal lab results after ltkr

    Congratulations on the recumbent bike!! That is a big step!! How would you like me to change the thread---I can take care of that. Some have said that they can tell when the weather is going to change by how their knees feel, but I really have not heard of the cold affecting them. As for my...
  7. referee54

    The story of my knees

    2018? Wow---over a year's wait!! I thought I had a long wait of eight months!
  8. referee54

    Banjaboy's recovery thread<

    I would, if you can, see your OS and talk to him about what you can do about the pain until your surgery takes place.
  9. referee54

    New knee about to happen!

    I had a BTKR nine years ago---recovery took longer than I was prepared for, but when I was fully recovered, it certainly was a huge positive!! I got my life back, and I got my active lifestyle back. I could sleep at night without pain, and my knees now are "normal"---I can go for days without...
  10. referee54

    Banjaboy's recovery thread<

    WOW---I am sorry to read of your long wait---is there any way that you can get moved up? I did not use one---bu there are some folks on the forum that have used them---others will chime in and give you their opinions on the matter. I did try the SynVisc shots which worked all of three...
  11. referee54

    Which bedroom? Another silly question....

    I agree with the others---if you do go downstairs, I would go down for the day and then go back up---you will not be going up and down and up and won in the early days of recovery. I also concur that you may want to sleep elsewhere---in the early days, after my BTKR, I slept in a recliner---and...
  12. referee54

    TKR 3 weeks post op

    Remember---we all recover at different rates and on different schedules. Don't worry about where you are now or "where you should be"---you knee or knees are in charge of the recovery schedule and you will get to the destination of being fully recovered. My BTKR recovery took me six months to...
  13. referee54

    PKR Partial KR five days post op and struggling'

    Yep, at where you are at in recovery, "less is certainly more.":thumb:
  14. referee54

    PKR BILATERAL - now at six weeks

    I created a signature for you for your partial BTKR.
Back
Top Bottom