Recent content by Rebuild Me

  1. Rebuild Me

    THR Hitch & Get Along<

    I chose not to have a general and had a spinal instead with a good nap. Much easier and quicker to wake up and get moving, though when I got home I slept on and off for 24 hours!
  2. Rebuild Me

    THR Hitch & Get Along<

    I was outpatient. Surgery at 7:30 am and home by noon. I thought this was great. I was able to move and get to the bathroom with my walker and set up the couch with firm raised cushions so I could get up. Hubby was home since he works from home but my biggest challenge was the ride in the...
  3. Rebuild Me

    THR Having a hard time

    Hi @wendylynn just checking in to see how things are going. I have a new relaxing (not so new since everyone knows about it) calming tool. Lavendar. I was working in the lavendar garden yesterday and as I became sore I just sat down and the scent was quite refreshing. I brought a bundle in...
  4. Rebuild Me

    THR Having a hard time

    Post op blues are real. I found myself 1 week after the surgery feeling like it would never be better and I am stuck in the house with the kids too busy and my house a mess. I depended on my high activity level to help me be positive and mentally healthy and it was taken away. It is real to...
  5. Rebuild Me

    THR Brand New Shiny Hip

    Ok, 6 weeks in and saw ortho today. Good xrays, he felt I'm walking well, exercising. Most of my pain seems to be stuff I've dealt with in the past that is now aggravated due to surgery! Working on flexibility but I'm having SI joint problems that cause lower back pain on left side, tight...
  6. Rebuild Me

    THR Brand New Shiny Hip

    Started some hamstring, but now I'm a little more flexible than my restriction will allow. My PT has been helping with this. Only 1 more week and I'm off restrictions. Hopefully I can resolve some of the aches and pains. In the meantime, school ends here soon. My 8th grader graduates next...
  7. Rebuild Me

    THR Brand New Shiny Hip

    Started some hamstring, but now I'm a little more flexible than my restriction will allow. My PT has been helping with this. Only 1 more week and I'm off restrictions. Hopefully I can resolve some of the aches and pains. In the meantime, school ends here soon. My 8th grader graduates next...
  8. Rebuild Me

    THR REM's Recovery Thread<

    Originally from NY, gator on pizza is sacrilege and up there with pineapple and canadian bacon! And yes, in my travels I have come across tuna on pizza.
  9. Rebuild Me

    THR Brand New Shiny Hip

    It's the restrictions that are holding me up. AFter that, I'll see how long it takes for me to be able to bend.
  10. Rebuild Me

    THR Brand New Shiny Hip

    Thanks all! I can't believe 5 weeks is Monday and only 1 more week on restrictions. Having some piriformis issues (chronic problem I've had for years) and can't wait to start stretching it. PT has been working on it best they can with massage but it is still uncomfortable and tight. I need a...
  11. Rebuild Me

    THR REM's Recovery Thread<

    Nice bike! Before you know it you'll be ready for Sturgis. Enjoy. I don't have an Italian version of gator bites.
  12. Rebuild Me

    Bilateral THR jcc314 Recovery Thread

    We are replacement buddies! I had my left hip done on April 30 and I think that I thought I would be out running by, well maybe mid June. I am still exhausted after a few errands. I'm finding that my expectations were a bit ambitious, also. Next week may be tough. If there is a way to phase...
  13. Rebuild Me

    THR The flip side

    I'm 53 and I get that comment all the time. The sweet spot is becoming younger, more patients between 45 and 55 for joint surgery. We were the aerobics, marathon generation and in my case anatomy was against me. I didn't wait because I didn't want to change my life style. I didn't question...
  14. Rebuild Me

    THR REM's Recovery Thread<

    Congrats on your first week, though it seems you jumped right in, no easing there. Seems like you deserve a good rest this weekend. Going nowhere this weekend. The idea of riding in the car for any length of time is not appealing at this time. I did have a full day with my 14 year old. I...
  15. Rebuild Me

    THR The flip side

    My day 6 sounds a lot like yours. I was weepy and frustrated about feeling so much pain and difficulty getting up and down. Opioids, for me, were not an option due to severe side effects with low dosage but I maxed the Tylenol and learned ice, all the time was my friend. I put ice packs in a...
Back
Top Bottom