THR Brand New Shiny Hip

A little soon to be driving. Your going to get a lecture for that. Be very careful. Remember your ice.
 
Oh my stars!
That is terrible timing on his part.

And super painful...no laughing, coughing, sneezing, or breathing!

What a story you'll have though, bless you!
 
Poor hubby! You two must be a sight.
It's like the blind leading the blind with you both injured. :heehee:
Hope you're both feeling better and having a relaxing holiday weekend.
Best wishes as you continue healing!
@Rebuild Me
 
Happy one month hipversary.
I know it is an up and down journey, but hopefully you are already seeing how good it will be when all gets healed properly.
Hope today is a Good Day
 
One month! Congratulations! :cheers2:

I'm so jealous of you on your recumbent! I miss mine something fierce, but it's so low I'm undoubtedly gonna be off it until restrictions are lifted! :bawl:

Pedal on, @Rebuild Me, and all the best co-healing with your poor gimpy husband!
 
Thanks all! I can't believe 5 weeks is Monday and only 1 more week on restrictions. Having some piriformis issues (chronic problem I've had for years) and can't wait to start stretching it. PT has been working on it best they can with massage but it is still uncomfortable and tight. I need a pedicure!
 
Congrats on 5 weeks! I recall that time in my recovery. Started feeling like I could begin jumping back into life.

I'm sorry you're having some piriformis issues. Hopefully it resolves soon.

Consider trying a pedi yourself. I did one at 4 weeks. I'll be honest it wasn't easy
and I took a few breaks, but I did it. What helped me initially was sitting at a kitchen table chair and putting
my feet on a small step stool. I didn't have restrictions though either so that may not work for you yet.

Hope you have a good week!
@Rebuild Me
 
It's the restrictions that are holding me up. AFter that, I'll see how long it takes for me to be able to bend.
 
Can you just start some light hamstring stretches for that piriformis pain? I had the same post LTHR and stretches really helped to ease the stabbing pain.
 
Started some hamstring, but now I'm a little more flexible than my restriction will allow. My PT has been helping with this. Only 1 more week and I'm off restrictions. Hopefully I can resolve some of the aches and pains. In the meantime, school ends here soon. My 8th grader graduates next week and will be starting HS and my 11th grader will be done in 2 1/2 weeks. I'll be happy to see them home more, though I know my older daughter is busy, busy, busy this summer.
 
Started some hamstring, but now I'm a little more flexible than my restriction will allow. My PT has been helping with this. Only 1 more week and I'm off restrictions. Hopefully I can resolve some of the aches and pains. In the meantime, school ends here soon. My 8th grader graduates next week and will be starting HS and my 11th grader will be done in 2 1/2 weeks. I'll be happy to see them home more, though I know my older daughter is busy, busy, busy this summer.
 
Ok, 6 weeks in and saw ortho today. Good xrays, he felt I'm walking well, exercising. Most of my pain seems to be stuff I've dealt with in the past that is now aggravated due to surgery! Working on flexibility but I'm having SI joint problems that cause lower back pain on left side, tight sore piriformis, horribly sore and tight IT band pulling on my knee. PT is spending more time on these issues since my hip barely hurts. I can reach my toes now - yippee. Can't cross my legs with ankle on knee. Makes polishing toes awkward and is quite the job to tie shoes.

Starting to evaluate pain in right hip that started a couple of weeks prior to surgery. Quick look and xrays shows that I may have some hip left and the impingement can be resolved with arthroscopic surgery. More to come after all imaging next month, etc.

Hope all is going well with everyone. Summer is almost here in the Pacific Northwest.
 
Happy Six Week Anniversary!
Glad to hear your x-rays look good. I hope your other issues work out. Try sitting at a kitchen chair
and placing your foot on a step stool for a pedi. Worked for me.
I hope you enjoy the Summer!
@Rebuild Me
 
Back
Top Bottom