Recent content by Rebecca65

  1. R

    THR Always MOVING forward after RTHR

    Funny you should ask Canuk, I ordered the roller yesterday and also a compression band for above my knee, which I'm told might help with the pressure...we shall see. Had a great talk with my older son yesterday, he is a marathon runner and he was very helpful. He was talking to me about...
  2. R

    THR Always MOVING forward after RTHR

    Hi all...I must admit I was wondering why I wasn't getting any response here. I have always been sort of a square peg trying to fit into a round hole. But since I've been having such trouble with IT band and bursitis, I thought okay well I'm not giving up as I know there are people here who...
  3. R

    THR Always MOVING forward after RTHR

    Good morning to everybody...I am astounded, (I don't know why) with the amt. of pain with this bursitis and IT band. I am back to dreading going to bed as that is when it's at it's worse. I fall asleep and then wake up in agony. I took as little pain medication as possible when I was in early...
  4. R

    THR Always MOVING forward after RTHR

    Hi and thanks for encouragement. Went to Dr. this am and he gave me second shot of cortisone. They also took Xrays of back to rule out any contributing factors from that. They want me to continue walking and stretching, but no PT. Thinking with my work it's just too much. It felt good...
  5. R

    THR Always MOVING forward after RTHR

    Hi all...thought maybe it would help to vent my frustrations as I know a lot of you have dealt with these same nagging issues. Spent yesterday in severe pain from IT band and hip bursitis. Actually took pain medication other than advil for first time in ages. Have been doing physical therapy...
  6. R

    THR I actually made it.

    Brings me back to putting on my own socks for the first time. You'd have thought I won the lottery. It was truly a humbling experience.
  7. R

    THR 50 years, it was a long wait..

    Hi and welcome. I'm feeling sort of like a whiner after reading your story. Thank God for all the new things that can be done with our bodies, to make us live longer and fuller lives. In the midst of a minor setback now, but this reminds me of where I was when I started, which was bone on...
  8. R

    THR Always MOVING forward after RTHR

    Oh well I should have know it was too good to be true. Back to nagging pain during night. Guess it will take this a while to calm down. Did only one job today and will be resting the rest. Jaycee you're sure right about the balancing act. I just have to keep remembering that I'm walking a...
  9. R

    THR 3 weeks after THR (july 28, 14)

    Hi..your posts are helpful as I was always wondering how much? How soon? Your body will definitely tell you and I remember my recliner and ice being my best friends.
  10. R

    THR My recovery

    I remember my occupational therapist advising me to scoot my butt over to the middle of the bed, then I wouldn't have to lift the bad one so far in dead space. It worked wonders, I wish I would have known or figured it out from the beginning. So yes I can definitely relate to that one. Good...
  11. R

    THR Always MOVING forward after RTHR

    Thanks for all your encouragement. I would say the pain is much more manageable today...probably half. Hopefully I'm one of those lucky people that the cortisone shots work for. I do have to laugh as I woke up with a UTI, which definitely explains the lower back pain which I don't normally...
  12. R

    THR Always MOVING forward after RTHR

    Hi all...just back from Dr. Very good news my hip is fine. Diagnosis was bursitis and was given a cortisone shot. He said it would be a day or 2 before I would know how much it's going to help...if not better he would give me another in 2 weeks. No real restrictions other than take it as...
  13. R

    THR Always MOVING forward after RTHR

    Thanks Hoppy...yes, I tend to just keep going no matter what. My body is definitely saying "yea you think?" I did also speak with the physical therapist I was working with before, and he said he thought he could definitely help with stretching, deep massage, and heat. I will be speaking with...
  14. R

    THR was on the fence now on the other side!!

    Hi...just remembering back to that early on. I had a hospital recliner, you can actually rent them, and it was a life saver. The ice and the higher I could get my leg was such a help with the pain. I would often sleep that way as the bottom of my right foot drove my crazy if anything touched...
  15. R

    THR Always MOVING forward after RTHR

    Hi all...was on my way out the door to do just one cleaning job, when I realized how impossible that was going to be. I called and got apt with Dr. for tomorrow at 11:45, spoke with a friend who ask me if I was completely out of my mind. Yes, sometimes. So took pain medication, anxiety...
Back
Top Bottom