Recent content by rczone

  1. rczone

    THR I can dance already...but should I?

    Hi Layla, yes I guess it's been a while since I've checked in here. I'm doing good, hope you are too. I have been making a lot of progress in recovery, but still having problems with my knee. I was following another post from a guy with the same problem occurring after hip surgery. He didn't...
  2. rczone

    THR THR dec12 knee pain chronic still 4months later

    Hi carlC, I am following your post, I too am having a lot of knee pain after THR on the right hip. I'd say as far as recovery and physical therapy goes, it's the number one thing in my way. I did have some pain in the knee before hip surgery, but it is at a much higher level now(3rd week). I...
  3. rczone

    THR I can dance already...but should I?

    It is wonderful hearing from all of you. I am definitely working a new workout physical therapy than what I'm used to. I suppose a body can get stuck in the time realm, limitations as we age. I only know, I was stronger at 26 than I was at 16, and stronger at 36 than I was at 26, and stronger...
  4. rczone

    THR I can dance already...but should I?

    Thank you all so much, It is so nice to hear from people who have actually gone thru this...your insight is appreciated. I think I was focusing on too much physical therapy, because I could, and not enough on the rest side of the recovery. Many years ago, I broke my pelvic bone(to which I...
  5. rczone

    THR I can dance already...but should I?

    ...Oh, and thanks HappyNanny...I will try and calm my "Elvis" down!:loll:
  6. rczone

    2019 April Rainbows - Are you having hip surgery in April?

    Hi OJ2015 Welcome to the Rainbow coalition!, ha ha. Hey I'm 56 and very athletic, and I have definitely overdone it when it comes to recovery, but it hasn't slipped out yet. I joined BoneSmart forums to try to get a better handle on physical therapy and activity that I should and should not be...
  7. rczone

    2019 April Rainbows - Are you having hip surgery in April?

    ...oh, wait...I think it is here, in this thread. Thank you again.
  8. rczone

    2019 April Rainbows - Are you having hip surgery in April?

    Thanks so much bottomshollow. What is the "April surgery list"? and the "April Rainbow"? Is that a separate forum?, I do not see where...or what that is?
  9. rczone

    THR I can dance already...but should I?

    Thanks so much for your replies everyone :) After examining my first post I realized I may have overstated, much like l think I am overdoing things in general and sounding overconfident. I am still dependent on crutches, still have to lye down frequently, still dealing with fairly high levels...
  10. rczone

    2019 April Rainbows - Are you having hip surgery in April?

    Thank you for the welcome. I had my surgery April 8, 2019...about 12pm. I spent 1 night in the hospital and was released the following day, in the afternoon. From there I went home, and receive physical therapy at home 3 times a week, and do my own therapy as well. Your information was very...
  11. rczone

    THR I can dance already...but should I?

    Hi Everyone I am new here and want to say hello to everyone. I had THR on my right hip 2 weeks ago and I am recovering well...aside from the expected pain issues. I would like to have a since of what other hip replacement folks are dealing with, mainly with mobility. I can move around very...
  12. rczone

    2019 April Rainbows - Are you having hip surgery in April?

    Hi there I just signed up and also new to forums in general. But I do want to thank "bottomshollow" for a wonderful introduction. I had a total hip replacement in early April and I'm at 2 weeks post op. So, here, I am hoping to find friends and helpful advice and to get a since of what's...
Back
Top Bottom