Recent content by raingirl

  1. raingirl

    TKR Very discouraged!

    Hi there @Terlyn39, I hope I am recalling how to do this posting thing properly. Please, please, don't be discouraged. Ten yrs. ago I went through breast cancer and lung cancer with surgery radiation and chemo---- I'd have to say that, for me, TKR was worse. I think it's because of the length of...
  2. raingirl

    TKR Slow, stiff recovery, PT pain<

    @Josephine @skigirl Met with OS who said the "bone shard" was just a rough edge on the corner of my femur from arthritis (he showed it to me up on the screen) that the person reading the CT scans is not that experienced with reading knee replacement scans. (Would have been nice to have received...
  3. raingirl

    TKR Slow, stiff recovery, PT pain<

    @skigirl Please forgive me. I was reading back over my post......"wonderful" and "beautiful" were no words to be associated to what you and your friend went through to finally get relief on your knees. I am very sorry. I was trying to say how good it was to hear that there is a possibility...
  4. raingirl

    TKR Slow, stiff recovery, PT pain<

    @skigirl Thank you for all the wonderful information, beautiful! So good to hear both the stories. Very helpful in teasing through this mystery healing process of mine. I sooo want to be normal again! I do have a Smith and Nephew replacement now. I did push the OS to run blood tests for...
  5. raingirl

    TKR Slow, stiff recovery, PT pain<

    @zzevi My PT did use on me an electronic device with wires leading to electrodes with medicine on the stickie patches. Medicine she told me was to address pain and break up scar tissue. The electric vibrations felt good while on. The knee felt less stiff, less painful the first 2-3 times, then...
  6. raingirl

    TKR Slow, stiff recovery, PT pain<

    OS couldn't be more accommodating; spent almost 1/2 hr. with me showing me the "bone shard." Turns out the radiologist in this small hospital has little experience with TKR and knees, in general. It was just a corner of the femur that wasn't perfectly rounded, previously worn from arthritis...
  7. raingirl

    TKR Slow, stiff recovery, PT pain<

    @Josephine I am finally getting an audience with my OS so he can explain why his PA told me at my last appt. that the CTScan was fine, no problems, must be scar tissue, surgeon happy to do open lysis (not arthroscopic).Are bone shards common? Could this explain the pain almost 6 mos out? I am...
  8. raingirl

    TKR Freedom's right knee<

    @Freedom Apologies, i was referring to the pain you had in rehab without meds. Somehow I was reading and thought that was your last post. Again. Sorry. Sounds like you are coming along nicely.
  9. raingirl

    TKR Freedom's right knee<

    @Freedom I certainly can't presume to know the exact reason for that pain, but i will bet it will take some time for that poor leg to calm down after that painful episode. Rest, Ice (all around the knee) and elevation is key right now.
  10. raingirl

    TKR Slow, stiff recovery, PT pain<

    @newlybionic @pumpkin @LoveGiants Thank you all for your advice and input! Yep, I no longer trust this OS. He will not have a chance to cut into me again. I have a 2nd opinion scheduled at another hospital, but couldn't get in until mid-Sept. Boy, these folks are busy! Luckily i have my cane to...
  11. raingirl

    TKR Slow, stiff recovery, PT pain<

    Bone shards?!? I am 5 mos. out, still limp, any excercise hurts for days later, and I started using a cane because my good leg/hip was starting to hurt. So I asked OS for CT scan. After scan, OS was too busy to see me, but his PA told me scan was fine, new knee is good- I must have too much scar...
  12. raingirl

    MUA Supracondylar Femur Fracture during MUA

    @nampamike, Holy cow! What you have been through! No apologies from the surgeon? Don't allow him to touch you for anything else! I hope this heals well and quickly for you. Please get good pain control. I was told my lack of pain control that first month after surgery allowed for heavy scar...
  13. raingirl

    TKR Slow, stiff recovery, PT pain<

    @Tabbycat, It's funny, all us women and our cat. pictures...... Oh well, let's see, the treatment only lasts about 20 mins.; the electric current is just a tickle, really; the PT attaches patches to you leg----about 4 of them--with medication-side down on various spots on your knee. The current...
  14. raingirl

    TKR Slow, stiff recovery, PT pain<

    @mamazipp, Hope i spelled that right. Thanks for your conversations. Sounds like we're both "not sailing through." I definitely hit a wall several weeks ago and stopped allowing my PT to be so aggressive on me. She is a sweet person with the best of intentions, but i was feeling so beat up and...
  15. raingirl

    TKR No Kneecap and a TKR Experience

    @sistersinhim, Glad you are on the other side now. Isn't recovery from that spinal so much easier than coming out of general anesthesia?! Now, ice and rest.
Back
Top Bottom