Recent content by Rainbow27

  1. Rainbow27

    TKR Hoping you can help - My knee gave out under me!

    Thank you for your help. I could not figure out how to find my old link so thank you for fixing this. Yes I will rest my knee and put ice on it. It is very scary to think I might of hurt it. I just cannot believe it just gave out on me and not sure how it could do that with all of that metal...
  2. Rainbow27

    TKR Hoping you can help - My knee gave out under me!

    This site was my angel during my recovery from my TKR of my left knee. That was 1.5 years ago and I thought I was doing pretty good. My Range of Motion is only about 94 but I had no pain and could get off the ground and walk so I was pretty happy. TODAY I got a big scare - I was about to show...
  3. Rainbow27

    TKR Hoping you can help - My knee gave out under me!

    Almost a year now! I have been set back in my progress a little because I have bad arthritis in my left foot since early Dec. 2017, So I am walking without a cane but I limp now because of my foot. My knee is good but I do not have full range in either knee. My right knee had a scope done 5...
  4. Rainbow27

    TKR Hoping you can help - My knee gave out under me!

    ANOTHER GREAT UPDATE! 7 MONTHS AND GUESS WHAT!!! I tried the ladder on our power boat which is not the easiest thing to conquer even with good knees and I did it! I was able to climb down the 5 step metal ladder at the back of the 19 foot power boat and enter the water and even better I was...
  5. Rainbow27

    MUA LTKR, 8 weeks out; MUA at week 5; worried about ROM

    Celle is so right! I would cry and be very afraid as I only had 90 degrees at 4 months... But NO WORRIES! I does come. I only have just over 100 ROM at just over 6 months now - my TKR was Feb. 15 this year. I have no pain now, no pills, my sleeping is wonderful and I exercise once moderately...
  6. Rainbow27

    TKR Hoping you can help - My knee gave out under me!

    I wanted to share my good news! My new knee is now just over 6 months old. My knee has healed and you can hardly see my scar that much. Best of all I have NO PAIN! I can do so many things like : run a bit, stand for a long time, do any household chores, go up and down stairs normally and...
  7. Rainbow27

    TKR Hoping you can help - My knee gave out under me!

    Been just over 3 weeks since I was on here and I am back! The flight to Vancouver I needed the ice and Air Canada gave me ice packs - The cruise to Alaska - I only used the wheelchair 2 days to tour the ship the first two days but look out world the rest of the trip I walked, hiked and was...
  8. Rainbow27

    TKR Hoping you can help - My knee gave out under me!

    Maybe my new drug Meloxicam 15 mg will be different for me. I have not gained weight on it and in just a week my knee for the first time in 4.5 years is not swollen like a beehive at my knee. So all is good so far for me. Just take them for 6 weeks. I LEAVE FOR ALASKA THIS MORNING ON THE...
  9. Rainbow27

    TKR Hoping you can help - My knee gave out under me!

    You are right Celle and Jamie! I was not thinking blood clots could be an issue now but you are right as they can happen even without knee surgery. So plan B - Wear my (not the surgical type) compression stockings on the plane, ice, get up and move around and elevate as much as I can in my...
  10. Rainbow27

    TKR Hoping you can help - My knee gave out under me!

    Wow.... guess I should have waited maybe....on the leg brace that is.... But yes I went for it - My brace is the kind that you use only at rest. Now if you had extended health care from a company you would have it 100% covered in Canada but because I was self employed I have no extra...
  11. Rainbow27

    TKR Hoping you can help - My knee gave out under me!

    The new prescription Meloxicam can be tough on your stomach so I have a presciption Ranitidine 150mg to stop my stomach problems it may cause. Took 1 pill and so far I only have 1 side effect from the Meloxicam - It made me dizzy! Was helping hubby take the boat out of the water and had to...
  12. Rainbow27

    TKR Hoping you can help - My knee gave out under me!

    Wow! Great messages! HUGE THANK YOU!!!! Crip our TKR surgeries were just 1 day apart! Mine was Feb. 15th, 2017! And yes no knee is the same! I am going to take my gym clothes out of my suitcase. You are right... I will get a full workout just by being there! My surgeon is sending a...
  13. Rainbow27

    TKR Hoping you can help - My knee gave out under me!

    Thanks Bill! Good idea! Went to the Surgeon today!!!!! Bonesmart you are right!!!!! He said exactly what you say - go steady and slow! And NO I do NOT need to exercise 3 hours a day. He was happy with my 115 at 12 weeks! My leg not being straight is a problem so he is going to try to...
  14. Rainbow27

    TKR Hoping you can help - My knee gave out under me!

    Good advice Jamie! You know I just cannot drink anymore! I use to be able to handle a 1/2 bottle of wine or even almost the small bottle at a party or maybe 5 beers at a time but not now. Even if I am not taking any pain meds I get a real upset stomach pains and feel unwell (runs) after I...
  15. Rainbow27

    TKR Hoping you can help - My knee gave out under me!

    Thanks for the advice! I have some Tylenol and will take it tonight. I have been trying to stay with no pain meds but Tylenol is not the heavy oxycoden I was taking before. So 11 weeks now! I looked up cryo cuff but I think what I have is a Kodiak polar care which has a long hose hooked up...
Back
Top Bottom