@mendogal
If you search “Diagnosing and Treating Popliteal Tendinopathy After Total Knee Anthroplasty,” you should be able to find the article by J. Ryan Martin.
To perform the test, lie on the side that doesn’t have the knee replacement, with both legs straight and stacked on top of each...
Some of us have had issues with the implant fraying the popliteus tendon, which could cause this issue. There is a simple test to help determine whether this is the problem. Basically, you lie on your side on the non-operated leg, and then try to raise the operated knee, which is at a 90 degree...
I’m so happy for you and hope that they find something to fix! Arthroscopic surgery certainly changed my life. This will be a breeze compared to the original surgery and the pain that you’ve lived with since. Sending positive thoughts your way.
I know that it is bad news, but I am so happy that you finally found an answer. There is nothing worse than being in pain and being told that nothing is wrong.
As a number of us have discovered, x-rays and even MRIs don’t detect all of possible post-surgery issues. I hope that you can get a dynamic ultrasound, which looks at the knee as it is put through a range of motions. I’m sorry that you are experiencing this.
I was also the first patient to walk into his office with an article from a medical journal and tell him that I had diagnosed myself and needed to have the popliteus released! In his defense, he listened, and got me to a sports medicine surgeon in his practice who agreed to do the surgery. They...
I’m rooting for you! It takes courage to resist the pressure. My surgeon told me that I was his first patient who refused an MUA. I’m glad I refused because we later found out that my flexion issue was caused by the implant impinging on the popliteus tendon. During arthroscopic surgery to...
So sorry to hear that you are having trouble with flexion. Limited flexion can be caused by issues other than adhesions, such as inflammation, and you won’t truly know what is causing your limited flexion unless you have diagnostic testing, such as a dynamic ultrasound or CT scan. (X-rays cannot...
I’m sorry that you still have constant pain and understand the frustration and depression that this causes. I hope that the consultant orders tests that will show what is going on with the soft tissue in your knee, such as muscles, tendons, and ligaments.
So many knee issues can’t be...
A dynamic knee ultrasound looks at muscles, ligaments, and tendons as the knee goes through a range of motions. In my situation, for example, it would have shown that the implant was impinging on the popliteus tendon when I flexed the knee. The impingement did not occur when my leg was straight.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.