Recent content by Rah Rah

  1. R

    THR Riding again soon?

    Hi, I just wanted to say that I had TRHR April 8, 2013 and I am back in the saddle again!!! Yeah! Recovery has not been a piece of cake, but I haven't had alot of the issues that others have experienced. I was going to wait until Oct. to ride again and both my PT and Ortho Doc asked, Why? I...
  2. R

    THR Jojool rides to the other side...

    So glad everything went well --now you can count down until you will be riding again! I know just how you feel as it has been 4 months since I have been on my horse! My hopes are to ride on Labor Day Weekend:) Take care and know we all care! :flwrysmile:
  3. R

    THR Horsecrazy on the other side 9:am July 19th

    :dancy: :dancy: Another Horseperson here! Welcome to the other side:) Each day will get easier and better!!
  4. R

    THR Limping after 11 wks and Leg length difference

    Hello, I haven't been on here in a while. It has now been just over 4 months. I am still having some gait issues, but mostly walk w/o my cane. I'm worse at work the sitting makes me so stiff even after one hour. I get up every hour and walk but just the same it's a struggle. I do walk on my 15...
  5. R

    THR Sometimes peachy, sometimes the pits

    Peaches, that is exactly what happened to me. I kept going to PT my leg would swell up, knot up and I could barebarely put any weight on it. The squats had my knees so sore and hurting so bad that I had to take a pain pill. I haven't had to do that since the first month post op. I stayed so...
  6. R

    Hip Arthroscopy Is there life after THR & Arthroscopy? You Betcha!!

    Hi, I am also a horse owner and lover! I had my TRHR 08 April 2013, however I am a bit older than either of you. That being said, I am allowing myself a good six months before I try to ride again. I rode and horse camped the weekend and day before my surgery. I have had many times, I have ridden...
  7. R

    THR Limping after 11 wks and Leg length difference

    Josephine, I was given Oxy-Codone 5mg ever 4-6 t hours, but have only taken one (Friday night) in the last 2 months. I do take a Tylenol if it gets bad enough I ice several times a day and when I go to bed. I couldn't ice my knee at work (couldn't keep it from sliding off). I can ice my hip and...
  8. R

    THR Limping after 11 wks and Leg length difference

    Liveringer I will try the oil. I see my Dr. July 11th and I'm sure he will lift the restrictions then. Do you go to PT? If so what kind of exercise do they have you doing? What kind of stretching are you doing if any? :thankyou:
  9. R

    THR Limping after 11 wks and Leg length difference

    Sandybeach, which type of stretches are you doing? I am doing squats, leg lifts, butt lifts, clam shell, steps, toe raises (although I cannot do many of those anymore) I broke my talus in my ankle in Oct. and those began to make my ankle hurt and begin a clicking noise. There are a couple I do...
  10. R

    THR Limping after 11 wks and Leg length difference

    Oh, one more thing. I was reading on the forum about using Pure Coconut Oil on your incision scar. Mine healed up great, but is really long....And I have indention where the scar is (like the tissue is gone..like a valley). When I touch the scar I can feel lumps. Isn't that scar tissue and will...
  11. R

    THR Limping after 11 wks and Leg length difference

    Thanks so much Alex and Poppet for your replies. I wanted to let you know that I woke up this morning (slept in until 10am) which I never do. My knees are SO much better and so is the swelling in my leg! I have to be at work by 7am so this means getting up between 4:45-5:00 am every morning:(...
  12. R

    THR Limping after 11 wks and Leg length difference

    I didn't do any of my exercises today. I just couldn't, I have been hurting, stiff and sore. I have been faithful doing them and this week was tough-Going into work then leaving to go to PT-running back to work and then staying late to make up my time. I have been limping so long before the TRHR...
  13. R

    THR Limping after 11 wks and Leg length difference

    Well, I made it at work for the whole week. However, mid week I began to get sore and very stiff in my knee and hip on my replacement side. I could barely walk for the pain (even though I used my cane)! I have been using Voltarin cream on my knee's. I cannot take Nsaids b/c of CKD. My leg is...
  14. R

    THR Limping after 11 wks and Leg length difference

    Thanks to all who sent a message! It made me feel so much more hopeful. To answer one of the questions I have been measured by my PT last week. I am still at 1/2 inch. difference:( Praying this will change in time. Jamie, a question to you re: wearing the insert and it hinder the process. I had...
  15. R

    THR Limping after 11 wks and Leg length difference

    I have read so many are up and going with little or no problem. I still get swelling anytime I do my PT or up and walking. Still using a cane for outside but am walking more and more in house w/o it. I ice on and off all day and night, but am having a hard time w/o a limp or looking like I have...
Back
Top Bottom