Recent content by RadioGal

  1. RadioGal

    MUA UPDATE - MUA determined today...ugh!

    Forgive the laymen's terms, but to the best of my recollection here's what happened a couple days ago. Saw another OS, one that came highly recommended by my physical therapist, for another opinion. He took thorough x-rays, including full length of the leg, and determined that my knee, while not...
  2. RadioGal

    Revision TKR Third and final surgery all done

    @kayow11 I don't have any answers for you, but just wanted to say congrats on finding someone to help you. I'm following closely as we have some similar issues - valgus, hip, lower back pain, so I'll be interested to see what happens with you. Best of luck. BTW, I have an appointment with a...
  3. RadioGal

    Revision TKR Revision again

    @patsortho Thank you for the update. I pray that all will turn out well in the end. I believe it will! :prayer:
  4. RadioGal

    Revision TKR Third and final surgery all done

    @kayow11 Yep, my surgeon said the same thing ... "it's normal for women to be 5 to 8 degrees valgus." Although, I've never heard of anyone doing that on purpose, that would be weird, not to mention unethical. Let's hope our OS's didn't do that to us!
  5. RadioGal

    TKR Hi! New to the group! TKR at 8 wks - I can't stop pushing<

    @SteveinDC Where do I sign up for a recovery like yours?!? I think your post is a good indicator that having a good attitude can go a long way in that recovery. I must go get me a "mid-life-crisis" bike, :rotfl: (great line!)
  6. RadioGal

    LTKR on schedule again

    Thank you @jboles that is very interesting information there. Waiting to see what the answer is, because I'd like to know too.
  7. RadioGal

    TKR 1 week post op

    @TenD I said that too, lamenting the loss of my "born with" knee. But at more than 4 months post op, I'm kind liking that this new knee does things the other had refused to do, at least in the end. :swim:
  8. RadioGal

    MUA UPDATE - MUA determined today...ugh!

    @Jamie Exactly why I'm in no hurry, in fact probably won't even make calls until next year sometime. I just need those names for when that time comes. Thank you again, appreciate the info and patience displayed in your responses.
  9. RadioGal

    MUA UPDATE - MUA determined today...ugh!

    @Jamie Thank you! As for the inquiry, it more has to do with that my knee is now valgus. It wasn't before surgery and now it's very visible, I look knock-kneed. I'm concerned about that primarily. Whether or not a revision is in order, I'm not sure, but I'm tired of my doctor telling me over...
  10. RadioGal

    Revision TKR Revision again

    @patsortho I hope this offers you some hope now that you have confirmation that something is truly wrong. Not that you didn't know that already :) but now it's official. What a crazy see-saw you have been riding! I have hope that better times are ahead for you.
  11. RadioGal

    MUA UPDATE - MUA determined today...ugh!

    @Knees4Me Thank you! Best of luck, please keep posting. I will follow your thread.
  12. RadioGal

    MUA UPDATE - MUA determined today...ugh!

    @Celle That is the plan, looking for second opinion, or revision specialist. But I've also read not to rush into that, give your knee some time to heal first. So, I'm not in any hurry to garner that opinion. Would you agree with that? BTW, I have provided Jamie with zip code to find such a doctor.
  13. RadioGal

    MUA UPDATE - MUA determined today...ugh!

    @Celle My apologies, I'm still learning here. And before seeing your message I actually asked a question on Kayow11's post. Forgive me, I will be more aware of this in the future, so sorry. @Josephine, my mistake, +5 is what I meant. I should seriously proofread my posts! But yes, currently @...
  14. RadioGal

    MUA UPDATE - MUA determined today...ugh!

    "...excellent information on tibial tray overhand impinging on soft tissue, especially the IT band." Wow, @Knees4Me, I think I might just have found the reason for the biggest issue I'm facing with my knee! I have never heard of this, but as soon as I read your thread my mind went, bingo!! I'm...
  15. RadioGal

    MUA UPDATE - MUA determined today...ugh!

    No weight you mean, @Celle? Not even an ankle weight? I guess I never heard that. I thought someone here suggested that at some point since it seems, at least to me, that it's not that rough on the knee, especially if you do it in short spurts. Well, at least I should say that's my experience...
Back
Top Bottom