Recent content by proffrench

  1. proffrench

    THR Ready to walk on 2 pain-free legs again!

    So yesterday was the big day. I did not have the general anesthesia problem that I had last year with shivering and shaking. But the pain is real, folks. I took 1/2 a Norco last night but it didn't seem to help very much. The OS said that I had a lot of bursitis in that hip. I know he'll be...
  2. proffrench

    THR Ready to walk on 2 pain-free legs again!

    And @Layla , my husband uses the same expression--- this will all be in the rear view mirror by tomorrow afternoon. The waiting is the hardest part...
  3. proffrench

    THR Ready to walk on 2 pain-free legs again!

    Thank you so much to everyone! I've got a 5:30am time (yikes!), so hopefully I'll be home early.
  4. proffrench

    THR Ready to walk on 2 pain-free legs again!

    Well, Wednesday is surgery day for the left hip. I'll be very happy to walk without a limp again and pain free, but the nerves are starting to kick in nonetheless. I had 2 and a half glorious months last summer where I felt wonderful, but the left hip crashed right after that, so I'm looking...
  5. proffrench

    THR After surgery issue with Pulse sounding in ear

    I had the same thing the night of my surgery and it scared the heck out of me. It went away the next day, so I assumed it was related to the surgery or anesthesia-- in my mind, probably the general anesthesia. I had a hard time coming out of it, with shaking and elevated heart rate and blood...
  6. proffrench

    THR Ready to walk on 2 pain-free legs again!

    I got a little too excited there, LOL! English from now on.
  7. proffrench

    THR Ready to walk on 2 pain-free legs again!

    Comme ça me fait si contente d'entendre un peu de français! Mes grandparents étaient d'origine français et belge, donc ça me donne de tant de plaisir de lire votre réponse!
  8. proffrench

    THR Ready to walk on 2 pain-free legs again!

    I'll be on these stomach meds for awhile yet. I just started a new one yesterday. So it looks like tylenol is my future.
  9. proffrench

    THR Ready to walk on 2 pain-free legs again!

    Hello again everyone! I'm now 9 months post op (SuperPath) RTHR. My left hip started crashing by early fall and it's ready to go on Feb. 19. I had a positive experience with hip #1 last April (outside of the first 2 weeks of "why did I ever do this????") and by the beginning of week 3 like most...
  10. proffrench

    2025 February Valentines - Are you having hip surgery in February?

    Hello again at 9 months post RTHR and back for round two on the left one on Feb. 19, SuperPath.
  11. proffrench

    THR Reclaiming my Future after THR

    Its been awhile since I posted! Things have been going well (although the other hip is now hurting), but I now have that tender spot in my glute on the operated side when I sit too long and the hip joint area is starting to feel tight and achy when I bend down to pick something up off the floor...
  12. proffrench

    THR Reclaiming my Future after THR

    @Jumeirah That makes sense about biting the inside of your cheek, etc. I'm sorry you're suffering from diverticulitis! I'm still taking medicine for gastritis and worrying about all this just makes it worse. I think you live in Germany? My father's parents came to the US from Germany in 1930...
  13. proffrench

    THR Reclaiming my Future after THR

    *meant to say the OS said it WOULDN'T hurt to take a doxycycline before I go for routine dental cleaning.
Back
Top Bottom