Recent content by Prem1234

  1. P

    Revision THR 55 male cyclist 2019 October Revision THR

    Hi @Corey W that's a great update I'm so please it's going well for you.....
  2. P

    THR BruceH After THR Recovery

    I'm sorry to hear about your current status @BruceH my sleep pattern also changed a week or so back where I would either struggle to go to sleep or would wake up after a couple of hours. I put it down to having my 'batteries' fully charged and not doing much so not needing as much sleep. I took...
  3. P

    THR Leg length after surgery

    Hi @nazo12 thank you...still a way to go but definitely getting there. In my journey so far there has been pain, pops/bangs and klonking in and around my hip as well as doubt that things were going in the right direction. The key for me was listening to my body/hip as each recovery is...
  4. P

    THR Leg length after surgery

    So I was on Gabapentin and Longtec/OxyContin (Opiod based) and paracetamol when initially discharged with Codeine after the Longtec had been used up. I was also on a strong anti-inflammatory. As I understand it Gabapentin is more for nerve pain and Codeine generalised pain relief. Here's my...
  5. P

    THR Leg length after surgery

    Hi @nazo12 Yes exactly, anywhere where you have pain and swelling....I iced over the incision where I had the waterproof dressing and pretty much all over the hip.... Always have a 'barrier' between the ice/gel patch and your skin.....I used a pillow case.
  6. P

    THR 49 y/o LTHR After AVN Recovery thread

    :loll:no problem at all @Layla Thank you and I hope you have a lovely week....
  7. P

    THR Leg length after surgery

    Hi @nazo12, I'm in the UK too and bought 5 theraflex gel cold packs size 99-300 and would ice for 45-60 mins at a time 3 or 4 times a day....it really helped. For me I had pain at the front of the hip (Flexors) all the way round to behind the incision but ice is definitely your friend. I'm 4.5...
  8. P

    THR Leg length after surgery

    What I used to do is a few calf pumps and ankle/knee slides and quad muscle squeezes before getting out of bed to visit the bathroon....I also used to slide out of the bottom of the bed which helped me until my hip got stronger. I hope things settle down quickly for you
  9. P

    THR 49 y/o LTHR After AVN Recovery thread

    Hi @Layla Thank you for the anniversary well wishes.....Although It's only one month today....looking forward to the fourth month :) I hope you have a great weekend
  10. P

    THR 49 y/o LTHR After AVN Recovery thread

    So my 4 week update…. Things are definitely progressing in the right direction, my scar is settling down nicely with just a small lump at the top which I’m pretty sure is just the last of the dissolvable stitches. I still get a little pain in and around the hip after sitting for a while and I...
  11. P

    THR Neerod in recovery

    I'm sorry to hear of your set back....I've read plenty of posts where people have had set backs in their recovery for one reason or another where they've said they had been put back by 3 weeks due to physio or over doing it etc so try not to worry at this stage especially as your surgeon and...
  12. P

    THR BruceH After THR Recovery

    @BruceH It's really good to read that things are going well for you. Are you still talking any meds ? I've got a lump at the top of my incision too, it feels a bit tighter at the top and I'm pretty sure the dissovlable stitches are still holding on there.
  13. P

    THR 3 weeks after hip surgery.

    So I'm nearly three weeks post LTHR and I still experience the odd clunk....as well as a pop or two. Are you sure it's from your hip area as in the end I traced it to my knee which was due to loosing muscle tone in my quads ?
  14. P

    THR 49 y/o LTHR After AVN Recovery thread

    @BruceH Yes it read very well my friend, you're clear to drive, x-ray and incision all look good so very positive....before you know it you'll be out walking your dog. I know what you mean about trying to be patient....I stopped the paracetamol thinking it would help speed things...
  15. P

    THR 49 y/o LTHR After AVN Recovery thread

    Great thanks @BruceH after reading the latest in your recovery thread it sounds like you're doing really well too which is fantastic to hear.
Back
Top Bottom