Revision THR 55 male cyclist 2019 October Revision THR

Thanks for sharing an update, Corey. It seems you're doing really well. Wishing you a Happy New Year. I hope 2020 is all you want it to be!
@Corey W
 
@Corey W :happy-new-year-smiley-emoticon-4: and what a great update! Glad that everything is healing up nicely and you're getting back to the cycling and other activities you love. You've still got some healing going on so keep watching out for the ODIC.
 
@Prem1234 My heavy lifting has consisted of mostly upper body (bench,lats,curls,tri) and only leg press on a machine. I have been cleared to start squats and all lower body lifts this week. Range of motion will be limited but I can load up and start to develop my glute strength, which is obviously poor. OS said no problem with burpees so that will be my body weight lift as well as push-ups and sit-ups and planks. Basically at 12 weeks I can do anything except run distances which I have given up :(.

@prairienut alas even surgeons are human! I appreciate your warm wishes and prediction!

@Mojo333 @Layla @Elf1 Thanks buddies! :martini:2020 let's go!!!
 
:egypdance:
New Year, New Hip, new experiences...:yes!:

Better behave and stay vigilent...you know what worry warts we are and we will be worrying if you overdo it.:beg:
 
@Prem1234 My heavy lifting has consisted of mostly upper body (bench,lats,curls,tri) and only leg press on a machine. I have been cleared to start squats and all lower body lifts this week. Range of motion will be limited but I can load up and start to develop my glute strength, which is obviously poor. OS said no problem with burpees so that will be my body weight lift as well as push-ups and sit-ups and planks. Basically at 12 weeks I can do anything except run distances which I have given up :(.

@Corey W

Great thank you for your reply.....Yes I've come to the conclusion that my running days are behind me now apart from the odd shorter distance but I'll be happy with the cross-trainer, bike and getting back to the gym.

Really glad you've got your restrictions lifted and hope you're able to return to your previous levels of fitness and motion.

All the very best for the future

Dave
 
wonderful news @Corey W !! Your patience and mental strength has paid off. I love reading your updates and I agree with your philosophy in regards to the loosened stem, etc.
Life is too short to be fussing and mussing with things like that. Unless you thought it was an utter disregard for your well being, that is..

Take care and please stop by once in a while and let us know where you are in your recovery.

I wonder, how long lefty will leave you alone?? Hopefully for at least several years!
 
Great news and very pleased for you. My surgeon insisted on the posterior approach for me. Currently staying at a place that has many many stairs but coping well. The resort is set on a hill overlooking a harbour and there are stairs everywhere. My app said I had done 12 floors plus yesterday just by walking around exploring the place! I certainly could not have done this in the three years prior to the op. All best wishes for a continued recovery.
 
@Corey W

When did you first get on a bike post-op? I'm guessing a stationary bike to start?
I'm a lifelong cyclist and biking is one of the few things that I could still do as my hips deteriorated pre-op. I'm only 3 weeks post op and I start outpatient PT next week, I'm really hoping they throw me on a stationary bike!
 
4 month update! Healing has been fantastic and this time the bone has firmly grown in to the femur. My return to exercise has been a lot of movement and my steps per day average over 15,000 in Jan. I can finally do burpees again with no pain down or up. After fellow Smartie Harry told me about his wahoo kickr and zwift account I looked into it and paid the high entrance cost ($1200 plus $15/mo) and began indoor training. I have over 700 miles this year and keep getting faster and stronger! I have also returned to the weight room and have squatted, full kettle bell swings with 52pounds, and dead lift(225). Range of motion is still not 100% as i feel inflamation restricting a bit. Have lost 16 pounds and need to lose another 20 to give my hip the best chance long term. Like so many others I have finally gotten my life back (until lefty fails) and I couldn't be happier! Be strong Smarties!
 
I have finally gotten my life back (until lefty fails) and I couldn't be happier!

I am so happy for you! Sounds like you found the right exercise routines for you, if you enjoy them so much.

Thanks for reporting back and letting us know how you are doing.

Congratulations on the weight loss, too!
 
Hello @Corey W
It's good to hear from you and know that you haven't fallen off your bike somewhere and can't get up :bicycle2: Obviously you're doing extremely well, thanks for updating. I can't lie and say I'm not worried you may hurt yourself but I know you're exercising caution and it seems you're happy, so for that...I'm happy for you.:)
Stay safe, enjoy and stop back again soon. :wave:
 
As I've said before, "Revisions Rock!" Your weight loss will be a blessing to your new hip and lengthen its life. I was glad to read in an earlier post that you were resuming vigorous exercise but foregoing long-distance running due to the high impact. A wise choice.
 
@Corey W good to hear from you and that you're doing well. Your updates always amaze me, you are so active and going full speed ahead. You mentioned your ROM isn't where you want it and possibly due to inflammation, are you still icing? It's worth a shot of you're not. Please stay safe and enjoy!
 
Good update! You are like the Energizer bunny! Glad to hear you have a nicely knitting prosthetic and you are having a successful weight loss. It's a good reminder to all of us to do what we can to enhance our new hips.
The road was winding with a few bumps but now you are on the other side.. congrats @Corey W
 
4 month update! Healing has been fantastic and this time the bone has firmly grown in to the femur. My return to exercise has been a lot of movement and my steps per day average over 15,000 in Jan. I can finally do burpees again with no pain down or up. After fellow Smartie Harry told me about his wahoo kickr and zwift account I looked into it and paid the high entrance cost ($1200 plus $15/mo) and began indoor training. I have over 700 miles this year and keep getting faster and stronger! I have also returned to the weight room and have squatted, full kettle bell swings with 52pounds, and dead lift(225). Range of motion is still not 100% as i feel inflamation restricting a bit. Have lost 16 pounds and need to lose another 20 to give my hip the best chance long term. Like so many others I have finally gotten my life back (until lefty fails) and I couldn't be happier! Be strong Smarties!
Fantastic update, bru. So happy to see you well and getting strong as an ox on your rides after what you've been through. You are one tough sun of a gun. Much respect.

glad, you are enjoying the Kikr.its not a cheap toy, but a safe way to stay fit for us hippies, and so nice in winter, and easier to stay motivated in busy times.
long may we both ride!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom