Hi Bonesmarties! I am coming up on my 2-year revis-iversary and can continue to report that I have no hip pain and freely engage in normal daily activities including long walks over hill and dale with our dog. I have noticed that even this far out from surgery I see subtle improvements such...
And here it is already, my year-and-a-half revisi-versary today. The first covid-19 wave has passed here in NY state but still lots of precautions being taken, most everyone wearing masks still. We do not want another awful peak like we just suffered through. I have thrown myself into my many...
Hello Bonesmarties in the Year of Covid-19! I am hunkered down here in upstate New York, a few hours from Ground Zero of the pandemic. Our county is moderately affected but nearly all people here are dutifully following the suggested precautions and distancing, and hoping the situation...
As I've said before, "Revisions Rock!" Your weight loss will be a blessing to your new hip and lengthen its life. I was glad to read in an earlier post that you were resuming vigorous exercise but foregoing long-distance running due to the high impact. A wise choice.
Wow, that is bad luck to have one of your femoral stems loosening. I can tell you from my experience that a loose stem never gets better, but it can and does get worse. In my case I had increasing instability and pain with my THR over a couple of years until one day in the garden while doing...
Hey Corey, Great to hear how well you are doing. It took some serious discipline for you to slow down and take your recovery literally a step (or a pedal) at a time. Good for you! I, too, strongly suspect I had a femoral stem that was too small and that caused me to be at high risk of...
It was music to my ears that your hip finally feels "stable." You ended up with the same type of revision as mine. The femoral stem was completely loose and was swapped for longer one also uncemented, but the acetabular cup remained in place with a new plastic lining. I found the recovery...
I just had my one-year follow-up appointment with Dr. Waddell last Wednesday, a few weeks early to catch him before he moves to Atlanta. Routine check-up as I am experiencing no pain with the revised hip. I first met with his PA Nicole who is very knowledgeable and helpful. In fact, she...
In case anyone is considering contacting Dr. Bradford Waddell at HSS, he just announced last month that he is moving his practice to Atlanta, Georgia, as of the first of the year. The move was to be closer to his wife's extended family and his own. So anyone in the Atlanta area needing a...
When I was having chronic pain in my THR in April of 2018, I had an x-ray taken to rule out a loose prosthetic. I was told the prosthetic was well-positioned and not loose. Well, several months after that, the hip failed entirely, and I ended up on crutches until I could get a revision. When...
Hi @helenium, Thank you for the explanations and your kind words. Wow, they had to remove your GT to do the revision! I have read that the most difficult part of revision surgery is safely getting all the old components out. I remember my surgeon saying that my revision was relatively easy...
Yesterday was my 10-month revisi-versary. I continue to go to the gym twice a week and work on flexibility, balance, and strength. My trainer is a great believer in using body-weight exercises and poses rather than the exercise machines. I like this because I can do most of the exercises at...
@helenium You have an impressive list of surgeries since 2001! You sure have been through a lot. I have had just one revision so am a neophyte. So far, so good. Fingers crossed. I have a question for you. What do you mean when you say your greater trochanter is now finally attached? Do...
Wow, that is such encouraging news, Corey. May those blood tests continue to come back negative for infection. I hope this represents a turning of the corner towards complete recovery and wellness for you. There IS life after revision! Keep us posted. We care.
Ah, Corey, that was some tough news about the blood counts, but as others have said, you have the right attitude to get through whatever comes next. Good to hear the docs are aggressively addressing the situation. We will be looking for your updates. Sending healing thoughts your way.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.