Recent content by PoorlyKnees

  1. PoorlyKnees

    PKR PoorlyKnees’ road to recovery

    Yes, it’s very much a “Couch to 5K” approach; walk 30 seconds, run 10 seconds. I have to be mindful of my right knee, he’s only 8 months old. It’s such an exciting sensation to have strength and control in my left knee. I feel like Forrest Gump!
  2. PoorlyKnees

    PKR PoorlyKnees’ road to recovery

    March 1st - Left knee 1 year post surgery It’s hard to believe that a whole year has passed since the partial replacement of my left knee. So much has happened and the journey is not yet over. I appreciate that every knee is different (the recovery after my right knee replacement was entirely...
  3. PoorlyKnees

    PKR Poorlyknees Returns!!

    September 23rd - Day 66 So what was the surgeon’s verdict?…. My surgeon was delighted with my progress and the healing of the wound. I asked about the pain on the inside of the knee and he suggested that it was probably a temporary reaction to the straightening of my leg as part of the...
  4. PoorlyKnees

    PKR Poorlyknees Returns!!

    September 19th - Day 62 2 Month Anniversary… It’s my new right knee’s 2 month birthday, time to reflect. It feels like more than 2 months, but I guess that’s because my left knee is only just over 6 months old. Whatever way I look at it the two journeys have been very different. The good...
  5. PoorlyKnees

    PKR Poorlyknees Returns!!

    I totally agree, my body is trying to figure out how to work properly again. Ironically, I get the best relief from the aches if I do exercise quite hard. My physiotherapist has identified that a lack of engagement from hamstring, glutes and quads is resulting in my TFL and IT band putting...
  6. PoorlyKnees

    PKR Poorlyknees Returns!!

    September 4th - Day 47 The challenge continues… Whilst I’m not getting any pain from my joint, the discomfort coming from the muscles in my thigh and my glutes is still frustrating me. It’s just and intense, dull ache that seems to be aggravated by walking. Working through it… I’m still...
  7. PoorlyKnees

    PKR Poorlyknees Returns!!

    September 2nd - Day 45 Back to the course… I took part in my first golf competition walking the course today. I was a bit slow, but it was great to get out there. The pain from my TFL and IT band was annoying but manageable. The best bit was…. I came second in a field of 51. A bit of hard...
  8. PoorlyKnees

    PKR Poorlyknees Returns!!

    August 31st - Day 43 Tweaky IT band… I’m progressing everyday but I keep getting knocked back by a horrible dull ache down the outside of my leg, coupled with a sharp pain on the outside of my knee. The ache is very reminiscent of the pain I had after my left knee replacement. Ask the...
  9. PoorlyKnees

    PKR Poorlyknees Returns!!

    That sounds very familiar
  10. PoorlyKnees

    PKR Poorlyknees Returns!!

    I saw this link today. I feel like it defines 2023 and the cycles of recovery from my PKRs
  11. PoorlyKnees

    PKR Poorlyknees Returns!!

    August 28th - Day 40 Bank holiday weekend… So much for the gardening. Using the buggy got me round the golf course, but for some reason, my knee hated it. I had a terrible nights slew and the tendon at the top of my fibula was extremely sore in the morning. The knee joint was fine, but the...
  12. PoorlyKnees

    PKR Poorlyknees Returns!!

    I do understand how lucky I am. My first (left) knee replacement was a lot more problematic. I really struggle with range of motion and my quads/hamstring were so atrophied that I could barely move my leg unaided. 6 months later, it’s a lot better but still really weak. If it’s any consolation...
  13. PoorlyKnees

    PKR Poorlyknees Returns!!

    August 25th - Day 37 Back to the routine… Rest over back to exercise an recovery. Today I competed in my first golf competition with my new knee. I took the precaution of hiring a buggy; I didn’t feel ready to walk the course. Although I didn’t rack up the 25000 steps a round of golf...
  14. PoorlyKnees

    PKR Poorlyknees Returns!!

    August 24th - Day 36 Listen to your body (and the weather)… It’s not often I’m happy when it’s raining, sure it’s good for the garden, but why doesn’t it just rain at night? Wouldn’t that make everyone happy. Anyhow, what does a chap do on a drizzly morning. My leg muscles had a pretty...
  15. PoorlyKnees

    PKR Poorlyknees Returns!!

    August 23rd - Day 35 Another milestone… 5 weeks old today. Happy anniversary knee, I’m very proud of you. Today’s challenge…. Can I actually play golf? I know I can hit the ball, I proved that at the driving range, but how would I fare with the walking and the hills? I’m happy to say that...
Back
Top Bottom