Recent content by Pookims

  1. Pookims

    TKR Second Knee -Pain relief suggestions<

    Ok...here goes nothing ! 1- Pain is a 3 right now. It is a full throbbing pain in the middle of the knee. 2- Pain meds are 30ml of Norco every 4 hours with 5ml of morphine every 4 hours as needed for break thru pain. 3- Swelling is in the moderate zone. 4- ROM is 92. Extension is unknown...
  2. Pookims

    TKR Second Knee -Pain relief suggestions<

    Sure Josephine. Ask away.
  3. Pookims

    TKR Second Knee -Pain relief suggestions<

    Thank you everyone for your kind words. I have been taking it super easy and icing. I have some nasty bruising beginning to fade and swelling is going away and that is definitely reliving things today. Thank you again :loveshwr:
  4. Pookims

    TKR Second Knee -Pain relief suggestions<

    Hello all .......I'm healing my 2nd TKR. (1st surgery 1/8/18, 2nd 4/11/18) and this one is going nothing like the first. I'm ahead of the game with the PT but am having problems with pain. I can't seem to get ahead of it. Yes it is not as bad as surgery day but I'm running out of creative...
  5. Pookims

    TKR Knee Wedge

    Slow and steady is good !! I'm sure you are much better than you were when you came home. And yes.....the pocket bag was fantastic ! Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk
  6. Pookims

    TKR Knee Wedge

    Don't worry. I think I have this weird thing with pain meds. I was a hot mess in the hospital then one day they just didn't work so I guess that was my bodys way of saying your done. How has your recovery been? Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk
  7. Pookims

    TKR Knee Wedge

    Yeah. Crazy huh and I had no bruising ! So much for me being a delicate flower LoL Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk
  8. Pookims

    TKR Knee Wedge

    No I had staples (45) but I had a huge bandage on top of it. Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk
  9. Pookims

    TKR Knee Wedge

    Honestly it was the giant band-aid thing I couldn't wait to get rid of. LoL it kept sticking to my navy blue bathrobe and was looking pretty gross ! Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk
  10. Pookims

    TKR Knee Wedge

    Bouncing Back...... It's been 2 weeks since my discharge from the hospital and other than a housing situation, recovery has been a breeze. My staples are out and I have PT in home 3 days a week. I haven't taken any kind of pain meds in 10 days but am still icing daily. I haven't gone out...
  11. Pookims

    TKR Knee Wedge

    I'm looking to purchase a knee wedge for my TKR rehab. They come in heights from 4" to 18". What height do you recommend ? Has anyone used anything like this ?
  12. Pookims

    TKR Knee Wedge

    robhunt3 & jboles Thank you for checking up on me. The actual surgery went well. It took a but longer than normal. (2hrs). I was up and walking around that afternoon. What I am having troubles with is swelling and staying ahead of the pain. We finally figured out a combo that works the best...
  13. Pookims

    TKR SpaceGirl - Blasting off to new knees (staged)

    That's great !!! Sounds like you had fun with the ladies :) Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk
  14. Pookims

    It's almost time......

    I had a abdominal surgery and was told I would have no bruising. I ended up with a solid bruise from armpit to belly button. LoL. I thought I had internal bleeding. I have to leaned to ask about bruising. Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk
  15. Pookims

    It's almost time......

    Thank you for the heads up. :) Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk
Back
Top Bottom