Recent content by Pookie

  1. Pookie

    TKR Recovery starting to feel meh

    @Josephine sure, I’ll do my best to answer all your questions! Thanks to everyone for commiserating and understanding my frustration. It helps to not feel alone in this.
  2. Pookie

    TKR Recovery starting to feel meh

    I’m not sure I have a recovery thread yet, I don’t think I do - I mostly just read through posts to see what info I can find that might help. Having said that, I’m at my wits end with this knee and I think I may just need a bit of encouragement. My surgery & recovery the past 3 months have...
  3. Pookie

    TKR And the Marathon Begins<<

    Norco affects me the opposite way! I’ve had to keep w the Percocet for now, while I’m off work, anyways. I’m down to 3 a day, unless I’m having a particularly active day, then I might take 4 doses. I will most definitely be doing a taper, unless I switch over to Norco. Honestly, I’m just so...
  4. Pookie

    TKR Marguette’s Full Recovery

    I was told by my PT that gentle massage of a healed incision can be helpful to increase movement. I looked up a couple videos of YouTube to see different methods to use and started on it - when I do “pop” am adhesion, I can feel it, but it’s more uncomfortable rather than painful. (I’m about 7...
  5. Pookie

    TKR And the Marathon Begins<<

    How has your switch off of Percocet been going? I had a terrible experience a couple weeks ago when I tried to switch to Norco, so I’d love any input/suggestions, as I’m ready to be on something not as strong!!!
  6. Pookie

    TKR My Journey

    I had to laugh about the itchiness, because I am right there with you. I want to drag a pine cone up & down my incision just for some relief! (Extreme, I know, but the itching drives me CRAZY!) I hope The hydrocortisone helps! Best wishes!
Back
Top Bottom