Recent content by Poof

  1. P

    Bilateral TKR The Historian - recovery diary

    Hi, Thanks for sharing the pics with all of us! It's been over a year since my TKR, but I want you to know that your posts were so encouraging to me while I was recovering. I'm glad that you still come back and post. Vickie
  2. P

    TKR and the need for antibiotics before dental work

    My OS and dentist agree that I should take them before any dental procedure. The OS said that some docs say it isn't necessary after 5 years, but he wants to opt for the safety of taking them from now on before any dental. If I had to choose between taking an antibiotic or the risk of getting...
  3. P

    TKR Back for the LTKR

    Hi Laura, I'm really sorry to hear that you are having problems with your knee again. Haven't been on the site for a while, but when I logged on I saw your post. I'm sending good thoughts your way and hoping this is just a temporary set-back. Weren't you scheduled to have your other knee done...
  4. P

    TKR Brownie's Good, Bad, & Uglies

    Marianne, I'm glad that at least everything worked out ok and you have not lost your job or insurance! I hope that you have a freezer at your workplace so that you can take some ice packs with you to use during your breaks. You hang in there, girl. You are one tough woman to have gone through...
  5. P

    TKR Vickie's Knee Recovery

    It is so good to hear from all of you. I still think about all of you and wonder how you are doing. Laura, my impression from the doctor was that we will still continue to improve. I told him that I didn't like kneeling on my knee and he responded that it was because the plastic in our new...
  6. P

    TKR Vickie's Knee Recovery

    1st year check-up done! Hi Everyone, I went back in for the one year check-up. Everything is looking good and the doctor said that I only need to come in now on an "as needed" basis. ROM is about 132 and I'm very happy with that. I still tend to "lurch" down the stairs sometimes until my knee...
  7. P

    TKR Need help...6 wks after TKR

    Hi, I also had problems with my IT band and had some physical therapy that helped it. Also went thru the manipulation that also increased my ROM. If you want to see some of the comments, please look at my thread "Vickie's Knee Recovery". I'm almost a year out now and doing very well. Still...
  8. P

    TKR Dewey Did It...#1 AND #2

    Hi, Thanks for updating and letting us know about your great progress! Mine was done on Feb 12th and your description of progress sounds the same as mine. No problems going up the stairs, a little hesitant coming down and stiff after sitting. It's great to be able to walk and stand for long...
  9. P

    TKR Vickie's Knee Recovery

    Hi Laura, I had no idea that you were going to have the other knee done. At least this time, you will know what to expect and be patient with yourself during recovery. How is your other knee doing? I'm hoping that it is great and you are otherwise well. Hope to hear from you. You were a big...
  10. P

    TKR Vickie's Knee Recovery

    Hi old friends and new! It has been 8 Mths since the TKR. It looks like everything is going well. We went on a 16 day trip to Europe and I made it all the way to day 14 before my knee did any swelling. We went up and down so many stairs to get on the "tube" in London. My knee still doesn't...
  11. P

    TKR Vickie's Knee Recovery

    I'm at around 6-1/2 months past the knee replacement now. A couple of days ago I noticed that I suddenly had more ROM, so I measured it 3 times! It was bending at 132-135 degrees. So of course, I went wild and did a lot of stuff. Yesterday it was stiff and the ROM went down to 117 degrees...
  12. P

    TKR Vickie's Knee Recovery

    So good to hear from you! I'm glad that you are doing better too. I would have never imagined that 6 Mths later we would all finally be on the road to recovery. I spent most of that time in denial thinking that I would be better very quickly - not 6 Mths later! :) Is your knee still...
  13. P

    TKR Debbie1954

    Hi Debbie, I'm at the six month mark. Do you remember when the stiffness started to fade? Congrats on your 1 year knee birthday! :flwrysmile: Vickie
  14. P

    TKR Vickie's Knee Recovery

    6 month update: Hi Everyone! Today is the 6th month anniversary of my LTKR. I went to the ortho doctor today for an x-ray and everything looked good. I don't have to go back until the one year mark. I've got around 120 degrees or so ROM (depending on the day) and zero extension. The...
  15. P

    Bilateral TKR Tight band feeling

    Hi Josephine, Thanks for tagging the above article for me. It explained everything very well. :)
Back
Top Bottom