Recent content by PolarIce

  1. PolarIce

    THR Help me keep faith

    Oh my gosh no question about it! I had my new hip and still work in law enforcement full time. No doubt about it my friend! you will not have issues enjoying life and working. The key is to take the time to heal and not over do it once you get that new hip.
  2. PolarIce

    THR It’s the hip’s turn

    I am also a rider(I do eventing), have EDS-hypermobility and had my first replacement 4 yrs ago at 36. I see your surgery was today. Please let us know how you did-and welcome to the other side!
  3. PolarIce

    Wrist Four Corner Wrist Fusion

    I see you are talking about range of motion. If you had a complete wrist fusion there should be no range of motion. If pain continues, I would bring up getting a full fusion. A full fusion will completely end any movement in that wrist and give you a pain free life. I had mine done at 22 yrs...
  4. PolarIce

    THR Hey Joe’s Left Hip Recovery

    So great to see how well you're doing! continue to listen to your body and take your time. As the saying goes it's not a race. Please keep us posted on how you're doing.
  5. PolarIce

    THR 12 weeks post op issues

    I am so sorry you are going through this. I had 3 PAO's to treat severe hip dysplasia, before I was eventually able to have a replacement on the left side 4 yrs ago now. I ended up having a lot of pain inside the join close to my groin. My surgeon eventually realized I have a psoas tendon...
  6. PolarIce

    Wrist Broken wrist

    Checking in to see how you are doing? any further complications since the surgery? did you end up losing range of motion after the surgery?
  7. PolarIce

    THR Suggestions for post-op clothing/footwear

    Anything thats like yoga pants or very loose fitted will work. What I would say is something that isnt super thick so that the ice can still do its job.
  8. PolarIce

    THR Surgery scheduled

    I also did not have to adhere to the 90 degree rule. Having said that even if I had, there are so many ways to position your body to pick up things off the floor as well at mobility aids(like grabbers for example), that it would have not been an issue. If you are suffering this much, chances...
  9. PolarIce

    THR second THR 8 years later

    Oh my gosh that is great news! so happy for you! i know how much my life changed for the better getting my new hip, and going to need my other one done at some point. Thrilled for you! good luck with the procedure, just 10 days to go!
  10. PolarIce

    THR Surgery scheduled

    First off CONGRATS!! so so excited for you to get your new hip. The post op recovery will likely be way easier to go thru than the pain you are suffering from right now. I had the same fear, and trust me the recovery is much easier than you realize. You will need to remember to not over do it...
  11. PolarIce

    THR Surgeon Advice

    Like you i had 3 scopes(on each hip) for labral tears, detachment and FAI prior to getting a new hip-it wont make a difference. The join itself is being removed for the replacement right, so that doest matter. Scar tissue not an issue either.
  12. PolarIce

    THR New here, hoping for support

    Honestly the big thing is to find someone who is good at their trade regardless of the approach. From the sounds of it you are really suffering right now so ultimately the recovery would probably be a lot easier than the amount of suffering you're going through.
  13. PolarIce

    THR Suggestions for post-op clothing/footwear

    Anything loose and comfy that is easy to pull over the incision when you go to the bathroom. Plain socks is what i found had worked best.
  14. PolarIce

    Wrist Broken wrist

    Hope you are healing well and able to finally put all this behind you and get on the mend.
  15. PolarIce

    THR AllNat’s First THR (Righty's Road to Recovery)

    Ice will be your friend. I had an ice machine and had very little pain and muscle contractions with it on. See if you can increase the use of ice, it will also help with the swelling.
Back
Top Bottom