Recent content by pleu711

  1. pleu711

    Bilateral TKR Still lacking quads strength at 5 months post op<

    Ha - I bet that was interesting - isn't it amazing how for years we didn't think anything about low toilets but now - wow -such a problem. I think you have a point - I have had bad knees for 10 years before surgery so I am sure my quads were atrophied somewhat so it will take more time maybe...
  2. pleu711

    Bilateral TKR Still lacking quads strength at 5 months post op<

    So I am not the only beach casualty,lol. It wasn't funny at the time but I survived and today I bought myself a high sitting camping director chair to take to the beach tomorrow. It sits high and is very comfortable and I can just stand right up - no putting my weight on arms (my own or the...
  3. pleu711

    Bilateral TKR Still lacking quads strength at 5 months post op<

    Thanks everyone - I was doing leg lifts with 2 lb wgts in PT and when my right leg started hurting so much - back in November - I stopped using the weights and have just been doing them without weights. Considering I have using my arms to lift myself up for the last 5 months - I should have...
  4. pleu711

    Bilateral TKR Still lacking quads strength at 5 months post op<

    Still lacking quads strength at 5 months post op thanks KarriB
  5. pleu711

    Bilateral TKR Still lacking quads strength at 5 months post op<

    Well I have been in the Florida sunshine for 2 weeks and I can honestly say that I hurt more now than I did when I left the cold Ohio. I am so discouraged that my right knee/leg has been so painful since before Christmas even though I did not have an injury. I have needed to go back on a...
  6. pleu711

    Bilateral TKR Still lacking quads strength at 5 months post op<

    I left northern Ohio Monday, stopped to visit relatives in Cincinnati, Richmond, Ky and Atlanta, Ga and arrived in Venice, Fl Thursday afternoon. I did take Arttie's advice and wore compression knee highs - did my exercises in the hotel rooms because I was stiff and luckily I did take my raised...
  7. pleu711

    Bilateral TKR Still lacking quads strength at 5 months post op<

    I plan on stopping to stretch legs every 90 min or so and thanks for your safe journey wishes.
  8. pleu711

    Bilateral TKR Still lacking quads strength at 5 months post op<

    Leaving tomorrow morning - taking 3 days - driving by myself - stopping to see family along the way. Hoping my new knees don't let me down and should be interesting to see if I can get up from various seats and toilets I run in to along the way. Keeping my fingers crossed for good weather and...
  9. pleu711

    Bilateral TKR Still lacking quads strength at 5 months post op<

    Had to smile when I read your post - isn't it the truth - glad no one sees what it takes to get off the pot , lol.
  10. pleu711

    Bilateral TKR Still lacking quads strength at 5 months post op<

    Me either - so I will continue with my elevated toilet seat til I don't need it and I will try the methods you and Want2hike have suggested to try to get up. I guess I am amazed at those who do not have pain or struggle at this point - this bilateral TKR situation was/is a tough recovery...
  11. pleu711

    Bilateral TKR Driving and Using Narcotics

    I'm 4 1/2 months out from bilateral TKR's and I still have trouble getting up from chair without using arms (see my posts) - I am overweight so maybe that makes it harder but I can't imagine at 2 weeks you are expected to not use your arms. That has to hurt and that's not good.
  12. pleu711

    Bilateral TKR Still lacking quads strength at 5 months post op<

    I haven't been to a restaurant since my surgery in September - so I will have to try your suggestion. I did order a 4 inch block cushion for hip replacement patients from Amazon - supposed to stay firm - to take with me into any place I think I will have trouble - it has a long handle on it -...
  13. pleu711

    Bilateral TKR Still lacking quads strength at 5 months post op<

    My left knee is pretty good - flexion 115 and extension 0, not much pain except when trying to get up from low seating.. My right knee is sore above the knee cap ( OS says may be scar tissue) but flexion is 112 and extension 0 and also hurts when getting up from anything lower than 19 inches...
  14. pleu711

    Bilateral TKR Still lacking quads strength at 5 months post op<

    Thanks Roy - The last two days - I have quit my exercises except for the peddler - hoping my right leg/knee recovers - it still does hurt when I bend it past 100 degrees along the outside of the knee. Hoping by the time I return to the ortho (jan 11) - the pain is gone.
Back
Top Bottom