Recent content by PlanetJanet

  1. PlanetJanet

    THR first time posting, 3 weeks post-op

    The knee is still bothering me. I had a second shot in the summer...probably around July. I was trying to make it six months. I don't think I'm going to make six months this time, though. I don't want a replacement in the next year, since I'm planning a European vacation about a year from...
  2. PlanetJanet

    Class of 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 Hippies

    Hello to all! Today is nearly exactly the 11-month anniversary of my LTHR, which was October 24, 2012. On this particular day I'm in some pain because I went back to my trainer after nearly 3 weeks off, but in general, I could not be happier with my new hip. I'm up to an hour on the...
  3. PlanetJanet

    THR first time posting, 3 weeks post-op

    Have you tried the cortisone shot? Mine still seems to be working and I had it in January. When I was there for my follow-up, they also told me there was a shot beyond cortisone, for when that didn't work any more, but the usefulness of cortisone had to be exhausted before insurance would...
  4. PlanetJanet

    THR first time posting, 3 weeks post-op

    I had it in the office, and other than feeling a lot of pressure in my knee, it was pretty much a non-event. There was a clunking beforehand, and now there's none, so that's good. Apparently results vary a good deal, though. I asked how long it lasts and the answer was, hopefully forever, but...
  5. PlanetJanet

    THR first time posting, 3 weeks post-op

    Well. Turns out the knee man feels as though I have a new knee in my future. For the interim, I got a cortisone shot, which seems to be working quite nicely. I have been working out with a personal trainer--I got that as a Christmas gift--and that has been helping me enormously. She's very...
  6. PlanetJanet

    THR first time posting, 3 weeks post-op

    Things have been going really well--walking well, gait good, etc, etc, except for about the last four days I've been having a lot of trouble with the knee in the unoperated leg. Anyone else? I'm giving it a bit more time, then making an appointment with a knee surgeon whom I inadvertently saw...
  7. PlanetJanet

    THR first time posting, 3 weeks post-op

    I have been managing, off and on....3 inch heels. VERY STABLE 3 inch heels, and, lol, if I weren't using the cane, I couldn't do it yet. In fact, I told everyone that I'd do anything they wanted me to, I'd be the model patient, because I wanted to wear high heels again. I said it so much one...
  8. PlanetJanet

    THR Lmao

    You sound like you're doing great. I was down a fair amount on the bad leg, I needed lifts and I seriously missed going barefoot. I ran a fever for off and on for about the first three or four days home, I just kept an eye on it and never spiked to where it was of concern. Glad you caught it...
  9. PlanetJanet

    THR first time posting, 3 weeks post-op

    It's the one thing (other than my cane, but that's different) I hate to see go. When I move upstairs--tomorrow--it's coming up with me. My husband may have to take it off the toilet in the middle of the night, but I don't really care. LOL! Who knew the raised toilet seat could inspire such...
  10. PlanetJanet

    THR first time posting, 3 weeks post-op

    I saw the doctor on Wednesday and don't have to see him again for a year. (I hope I remember). I am cleared for exercise, including yoga, which I don't do, but I asked for someone else. Also, according to him, all bending past 90 is fine, as long as your hand is between your knees. No...
  11. PlanetJanet

    THR 7 weeks post op, looking for the next challenge to tackle

    Talked to someone today who had his THR 20 years ago--said he never perfected his gait and wishes he had. The voice of wisdom and experience.
  12. PlanetJanet

    THR 7 weeks post op, looking for the next challenge to tackle

    It's so tempting not to use it in the house--it's always ending up where I'm not--but when I start to get tired, or really waddle, I go back to it. Also, when I'm using it for any distance, in or out, I try to be very mindful of my gait. I had started walking on the outside of my bad foot, so...
  13. PlanetJanet

    THR New November Hip

    You're quite welcome. I was there anyway, and he seemed quite excited to have someone asking about it. And yeah...I might try. :)
  14. PlanetJanet

    THR New November Hip

    I did ask the doctor. (Feeling guilty as I did so, since I've been to exactly two yoga classes, lol). He said to look at the poses and evaluate them. The leg can either bend up (past 90, once the precautions are off) OR twist, but not both at the same time. Other than that, nothing to worry...
  15. PlanetJanet

    THR New November Hip

    It's 7 weeks here and while I'm the Flash with my cane, I'm still limpy without it. Today was the first day I was able to walk normally without it and that was only up and down my short little hall. Having said that, I'm finding more and more that the cane ends up being where I'm not, so that's...
Back
Top Bottom