Recent content by Pk4tmjsd

  1. P

    TKR Skiing post TKR

    Totally understand and respect your position. ~ Pat
  2. P

    TKR No surprises!!

    Hi, JR99: Alpine ski instructor since 2003. Replaced both knees 2017 (March and June) With surgeon permission, returned to skiing December 2017 - 40 days on snow 2017-2018 season. 50 days on snow in 2018-2019 season. Unfortunately, only 20 days on snow 2019-2020 season. Two stage...
  3. P

    TKR No surprises!!

    Hello, Everyone: It has been a very, very, long time since I have posted. First, the good news: 40 days on snow 2017-2018 50 datys on snow 2018-2019 continued loss of weight two year post-operative visit June 2019 - all good BUT long story short - spondylolysis or spondylosis likely...
  4. P

    Bilateral TKR SusieShoes' New Knees

    Good Morning, Susie: Congratulations!! Great to hear you are feeling well and returned to your active lifestyle. Sorry about your friend's passing.....15 years is a good run; it is always hard when we lose a pet that has enriched our life for so long..... Best Wishes ~ Pat
  5. P

    TKR No surprises!!

    Good Morning, Jacimarble: I peeked at some of your comments/postings. Sounds like you are progressing appropriately and will be hiking in time whatsoever!! Best wishes to you. ~Pat
  6. P

    TKR No surprises!!

    Thanks, Karri! I will continue to hear the surgeon's words.............."be sensible." Neither one of us wants to have to discuss a revision. I am very blessed; very fortunate. Healing was sooo good and return to normalcy was so seamless that I did not have the ability to make or find...
  7. P

    TKR No surprises!!

    Thanks, Jockette :)
  8. P

    TKR No surprises!!

    Good Morning, All: Apologies for not posting anything in one year. For those who have supported me and helped me during journey, an update is in order. For those who I have not met, an update nonetheless. I am just about 18 months out from right TKR and just about 15 months on the left...
  9. P

    TKR The Recovery Journey Begins: Second TKR

    Hi Iloved3 - Read your thread - I replaced the right knee March 28; left knee June 6 of this year. I was more than ready to have each knee replaced. I found that having the first knee under my belt helped me when I went in for the second surgery. No two knee replacements are alike; I...
  10. P

    TKR Gone bad lost all hope^

    Hi Gaveup. Saddened to read of your experiences. Just horrible. Celle is correct - there is still hope; there is time to diagnose and repair. Sending positive thoughts, energy, and prayers your way....... ~ Pat
  11. P

    Nervous about TKR

    Hi Sugargirl: Welcome to Bone Smart. You have come to the right place. You will find there are great resources on the site and you will receive personal input from several people who have a medical background and first hand experience with TKR. Your surgeon (s) and physician (s) will...
  12. P

    Revision TKR 3rd time around on left knee

    Hi Jayann......good to hear from you......... your leg length disparity makes mine pale in comparison......PT found an apparent shorter , much shorter than yours, leg length disparity that I plan to have people peek at and determine how valid/true when the time is correct...... Hope you are...
  13. P

    TKR One year later and all is well

    Hi Minstrel: I am only a recovering TKR patient.........right on March 28; left on June 6 - both this year. I have no medical background. Are you doing "too much?" Soft tissues inflamed? Have heel slides helped to get some ROM? I have found Bone Smart to be helpful - yes, we are all...
  14. P

    TKR The Recovery Journey Begins: Second TKR

    Hi Iloved3, Right knee on March 28; left knee on June 6........Presently, I am just about 23 weeks post op right and 13 weeks - left. Congratulations on your progress......I have not made it to 130 degrees , but we're close. Finally, got to single digit on left knee 8 degree from straight...
  15. P

    TKR Help

    Hi Tex..........WOW.......... Replaced right knee March 28; left knee June 6. LOL - pinky under knee?!?!? Jiminy Crickets!?!?!? Last week, my right knee went to 3 degrees, on my own, and we (patient and PT peeps) were ecstatic. Left knee, finally, made it to single digits 8 degrees...
Back
Top Bottom