TKR Gone bad lost all hope^

Yes I know you not picking on me I'm very sensitive the last few months please send me the information I would greatly appreciate all the help I can get like I said I am going to see him on Thursday I want to see what he has to say . But please again yes I would love to have it the information. Thank you in advance
 
@Gaveup, I would cancel that appointment on Thursday, if I were you. It sounds like that OS didn't do you a bit of good and was mean until he realized he couldn't bend you during a MUA. He knows now that he did something wrong, so he's being very sweet to you. It will do you no good at all to go back to him. And he might even talk you into to something you don't want to do. Wait until you find a revisionist doctor to go to a doctor.
 
@Gaveup Something sounds off with the Dr that did the surgery. They always make you walk before you can go home so why would he accuse the hospital PT of hurting you??

Also, I found out some Drs don't like to go behind another Dr that did a knee surgery so you will need to call around until you can find a GOOD one that will work with you. Good Luck
 
Yeah, I was walking within an hour of waking up and went home that day, on my own feet, both times. So it sounds weird from the get go. I wouldn't let him fix my table leg, stay far away from that OS.
 
Yes he said don't worry about the walking I want you to be bending the knee. I want you to do the machine. When I lay down and was doing the machine obviously you do have to lay down to do it.

I was bending great I thought. I was like everybody else walking around. Some people almost twice my age were whipping by me I could hardly walk.

My room mate witnessed everything from the PT to the doctor, from me crying. The doctor even had me write a letter out and send it to him so he could send it to the hospital about what the PT was saying and how she told me that they always argue with him.

When he came in the next day to look at my knee it was so bruised he said to me and asked what did you do? I said what are you talking about. It's so bruised and I said well I walked with PT yesterday. I walked to the door and back to my bed I had by the window.

That's when it all started. He ran out of the room and I heard some yelling down there. The PT was very rude to me when she came back and had words with me. She's like 'let's do this, let's do physical therapy' and while I was sitting on my bed and talking, she had her head down then pushed my leg back and I screamed.

I said to myself this could go both ways. I was going to smack her in the head because she did it on purpose, very spiteful. That's when I called about the advocate and actually my room mate said she needs a advocate now.

They sent a man next time to help me walk down. They wheeled me down in a wheelchair to the step where I stood up and fell on it with my other leg but they just looked at me and then just said you can go home. So they knew something was wrong from the beginning but I didn't know.

I knew it was supposed to be tough. I did a lot of research so I was ready but it just wouldn't move. I read an article that scar tissue can build up very quickly but I didn't think that quickly.

Plus when I was doing my exercises on the left side up and down, every time I would try to slide my knee back a little or I had the rubber band doing it, something like a sharp pain would constantly shoot up. So when I finally begged my home doctor for an MRI and they saw the cut tendon, then I told him and he says I did that on purpose, it's supposed to be there. I said well it still cut and that's what's killing me, tendon or what I got to look it up if something was cut.

And to this day I still get that pain I get bone pain my knee just feels weird and you have to do mind over matter because I am dying to bend my knee and I can't it's crazy.

It's a sad situation but I'm going to have to go in and get another one I have no choice so scary to think that I have to go through this and Lord knows is this going to be the right thing. Are there going to be problems down the line because I've been reading a lot of people have had extra operations.
 
One more thing: I'm sorry when I went to go see him after 6 weeks of being in the house and left with the PTs which weren't working out very well at all because I was unable to do it. But I was able to do the machine laying down in that position and the sharp pains would come but not all the time. I would give it a little rest but I did that machine all the hours I was supposed to

I was actually excited getting out of the house because I haven't been out of the house. I could even barely take a shower and that was horrible. I don't want to admit it but I couldn't get into the shower and bathe myself for 14 days. Disgusting but I couldn't do it. I can barely lift and get into that bathtub and sit on that seat.

So when I went to go see him and he went ballistic. His office has walls that don't go all the way up to the ceiling so everybody can hear will he was yelling at me. He told me I failed. He told me I got an F. When you get a test you're supposed to study you didn't study. I mean this gun went off on me.

That's where I went wrong. I should have left him and never gone back after that. I didn't but I tried. I went back to my old surgeon and he said well you know what's going on. You could go see my guy in the city but I didn't want to travel in the city. I can hardly walk. My husband has to take off and drive me. I mean it's a lot

I went to see other doctors and they said they won't touch me until after year for respect for the other doctor.

I still lose sleep over thinking of him and all the things that had happened. This is why I went to a lawyer because I had nobody to back me up and nobody nobody would listen. Even the secretaries one look at me and I told a few of them I can't come see him, he causes me way too much anxiety. So for 5 days before my appointment I would be freaking out.

He would come into the office just grab my leg and start bending it. I scream so loud I said what are you doing you didn't even give me a chance to tell you that it's not bending.

I know I'm sorry I could go on and on with this stuff. Thank God because I never read his review of the appointment ever, because I was so stressed out when I came home. So I started reading it weeks later. One time he called me a flake and says she's taking this medicine and she's not. He started throwing pills at me. All these different ones that cause suicidal thoughts, it's nerve damage. It's this, you have this, like he's blaming everything else.

So the next appointment after that he said that he wasn't believe me on anything. Little does he know that I wrote down everything every pill I take, every visit I had with him, every time I talk to him, every time I talk to his little right hand man that helps him out there, can't think of the name. I went in with all the paperwork and he says oh that's a lot of paperwork. I said yeah, I just want to let you know that I have everything.

And the meeting before that I had put he wants to know what pills I'm taking and there was a list from his secretaries and I put it in my pocket book behind me. He got mad at me and reached behind me. There were witnesses in that room. He had several people come up and gang up on me that day. They were all saying that he went behind me reached into my pocket book and grabbed stuff out it. The next time I went there I said, here, I had her make you an extra copy so you wouldn't have to go into my pocketbook. You can't make this stuff up
 
Do not go near that doctor again. He's a liability and he can't control his emotions. Don't keep that appointment. All you'll get from him if you do go is more bullying, more stress and more upset.

.
 
Make sure your husband comes with you to all your appointments. You need someone to be with you, to back you up and speak up for you.
 
I have to deal with him Thursday and he doesn't care, he just wants to throw it together to go operate. He doesn't even know what went wrong he didn't listen to me for 5 months.
Please do not let this surgeon near your knee again, he has no idea what is going on. He does not respect you, please find someone who knows what they are doing.
 
Hello @Josephine please let me know what can do you can contact me. Thank you
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@Gaveup.....can you give me this surgeon's name and the clinic where he practices? I'd sure like to do a little checking up on him if you don't mind. If you're uncomfortable putting that information on the public forum, you can send me a Personal Message (PM).
 
Oh my goodness! The first the PT that pushed your poor knee while you were still in hospital and then the surgeon pushes on your knee without warning you first at an appointment weeks later. How absurd of the surgeon to say "you failed", more like he failed and he should have given you some empathy and options to recovery.

For whatever reason, I did not walk the first day of surgery and the only reason I walked on the 2nd day was because PT forced me to sit up and then walk (had to return because I vomited the minute I sat up).

Seriously, I could barely walk and I could only sit in the chair for 10 minutes before asking to go back to bed. They had me doing exercises in bed which I could hardly do and they wheeled me down the hall to have me do stairs. They had to do these things with me so I could be discharged. There was no judgement at that time.

I do understand your anxiety prior to surgeon appointments ~ I had the same with mine as he was furious when he learned I did no PT. In the first 6 weeks and my ROM was only 76 degrees. Eventually he came around to agreeing I could gain ROM and released me before he originally wanted to which was at 100 degrees and I'm still not there.

Your surgeon seems to be emotionally ill and unprofessional, giving you a score of F on your lack of ROM and then grabbing something from your pocketbook. There's too much animosity between you and your surgeon and sounds like there are other complaints against him. I would be a little afraid to let him touch me to examine me. if you do go to the appointment, then watch your back and make sure he respects you. If you don't want him pushing on your knee, which is possibly what he will want to do to check your ROM and other things.

I am so sorry for what you are going through. I agree with the others that you should see another surgeon for an assessment, one not connected to this practice. Please don't give up. There is a solution out there.:console2:
 
@Gaveup - you' ve had a terrible time and we're really sad to hear about it.
But, the important thing is that it's no good looking back and dwelling on what's already happened, no matter how bad it was. You can't change that.

Now, it's more important to move forward and find a competent surgeon who can diagnose and fix what's wrong with your knee. There is still hope for your knee.
There are good surgeons in New York.

We'll be here for you and support you through this. :friends:
 
Hi Gaveup. Saddened to read of your experiences. Just horrible. Celle is correct - there is still hope; there is time to diagnose and repair. Sending positive thoughts, energy, and prayers your way....... ~ Pat
 
There are so many excellent surgeons in New York, surely you can find one who will do your knee again and do it better! You're clearly a brave and determined person, so don't let that one doctor get you down. Find a better one to fix your poor knee. :praying:
 
Thank you all for your support it was meant to be that I stumbled upon this site to get the morale I needed in the confidence.

I was always so curious if people had the same thing I did and the difficulty and I tried I was bending before surgery I went to PT in order to build up the muscle and I was riding the bike there I should have stopped and never went back I even said a PT I shouldn't even have the operation you got me turning my knee but I was bone on bone.

And now I'm triple worse than ever it's crazy depressing the night I wrote my first thing I was so depressed and crying and nowhere to turn. Thank you all again
 
But, now you know that there is a whole lot of hope for your future. You got a bad OS. There are many, many more good doctors out there and you will find one. If you need help, ask Jamie. Your knee will be fixed like new! Take that step to find an OS who is not connected to your current doctor at all. You'll probably have to travel to find one, but it will be so worth it! Your future is bright. You have done the right thing coming here for help. There is always someone here to listen and to help you. When you are all fixed, just think of how much help you'll be able to give someone who's facing what you did. Your experience if unique and you can use it to help others! That is a gift you can give to someone else who desperately needs it! God bless you!
 
Yes a matter of time I will report him but I will do the research next week and try and get a few appts. I will call two of the hospitals to see if the have these specialist there.
 

Staff online

  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • Pumpkin
    Staff member since March 26, 2015

Members online

Back
Top Bottom