Recent content by pjm

  1. pjm

    THR Wanting to get my life back after hip replacement

    Hi Octopus, sounds like you are doing good as well. I tried again today and did get my socks on.......and I mowed the yard for the first time since January. After that I showered and took it easy for the rest of the day. Its always does me good to see little improvements over each week.
  2. pjm

    THR Wanting to get my life back after hip replacement

    Hi everyone, I am now 13 weeks post op and am doing great. My sleeping pattern is getting a lot better and I am able to sleep on my operated hip now. I went back to work (2 days per week) at 6 weeks and enjoy being at home the rest of the week. I am doing most everything around the house even...
  3. pjm

    THR Wanting to get my life back after hip replacement

    Went back to the pool today and did some work out. The pool was nice and warm which felt wonerful! Plan on going back tomorrow as well. It feels so much better to excerise in the pool than on a hard surface.
  4. pjm

    THR Wanting to get my life back after hip replacement

    I haven driven several times over the last three days and have to admit that the first time was kinda scary. It felt really odd to be behind the wheel. But, I did fine and made sure to not over do it. I plan on switching to a cane this week because it just seems easier for me at this point. I...
  5. pjm

    THR Wanting to get my life back after hip replacement

    Thanks for the encouragement Acbelar, I went to the doctor yesterday who says I am doing great but to remember to take it easy. I also am allowed to drive now ya! Being able to get out for short periods will help a lot especially when you just need to go out for a few things. I do plan on...
  6. pjm

    THR Wanting to get my life back after hip replacement

    I have taken it easy yesterday and today and can tell a different in how I feel. Good advise which I will take. Just wondering how many weeks after surgery before I can get on an excerise bike? It seems like I need to plan on making sure I have plenty of rest time after doing anything. So...
  7. pjm

    THR I feel like I'm sitting on my hip implant

    Maybe it just takes some of us longer than others. A friend of ours here had the same problem as you and he was told to go back on his crutches until he could walk without the waddle. Maybe someone here can help with this.
  8. pjm

    THR I feel like I'm sitting on my hip implant

    I had so much pain and walked with a limp 4 months leading up to my surgery. Now, I am only dealing with the surgery pain. All the other pain running down my leg is completely gone. My PT says to focus on walking without a limp and don't give up the crutch until I can do this.
  9. pjm

    THR Wanting to get my life back after hip replacement

    Thanks HappyHippy, that is my problem. I am a high energy person and I over do it then I pay for it. I can say that today I have spent most of the day in bed sleeping or sitting in my chair. Tomorrow plans on being more of the same. I noticed that your surgery was a revision. Had you had a...
  10. pjm

    THR Wanting to get my life back after hip replacement

    Tomorrow is 4 weeks postop for me. Went to PT yesterday who says I am doing great and try not to overdo it. I am having pain from below the incision to just above my knee. I am spending a couple of days not doing too much in hopes that the pain will ease off. Knowing me, I just need to back...
  11. pjm

    THR Wanting to get my life back after hip replacement

    Good luck with the clips removed hope it doesn't hurt much. I am feeling better this morning after a good night. I slept good even though I was aware of everytime I moved on my back or side.
  12. pjm

    THR A Bionic Octopus!

    Hi Octopus, I am very watchful about falling, if you did fall and hopefully nothing was hurt, how do you get back up???
  13. pjm

    THR Wanting to get my life back after hip replacement

    Thanks Poppet, I have stayed on top of the pain management today for sure.
  14. pjm

    THR Wanting to get my life back after hip replacement

    Hi Octopus, went to church today for the first time in since surgery then stopped at the grocery store with hubbie for a few things. Spent the afternoon reading and taking a nap for two hours. Pain was worse today than in previous days. I have taken 3 pain tablets today and hope its just a...
  15. pjm

    THR Wanting to get my life back after hip replacement

    Thanks Poppet, today has been a laying around day and then cooking something nice for tea. Its only been around 17 today with the rain so I have kinda hung out with the rain. Watched a little TV, took a nap and doing much of nothing. Tomorrow should be a better day. All my steri strips have...
Back
Top Bottom