Recent content by Pirate911

  1. P

    THR New hip 1/7

    My left leg hurts so much. Apparently my hip was dislocating all the time. I can't see the light yet. Hopefully soon.
  2. P

    THR New hip 1/7

    In pre op waiting to go any minute. I'm ready and not ready. I'm ready to have no more hip pain, but know the journey to get there will not be fun. I will update afterwards.
  3. P

    Revision THR A new year and new hope: revision for loosened THR

    I'm glad you're recovery is going well. I've been reading about your progress. Glad your pain is controlled. Here's to the future!!!
  4. P

    Left hip revision 1/7

    Counting down the days to Monday. Hope everyone waiting for surgery is handling their anxiety. I have a few days of work left I'm trying to get things done around the house. I always try to clean the house and get everything in order. It helps me deal with my anxiety.
  5. P

    9yr old hip has loosened - revision required

    Good luck tomorrow. May your recovery bring you relief!!
  6. P

    Left hip revision 1/7

    The 1.5mm is not LLD, it is the size of the gap between my pelvis and hip. One side is off by 1.5mm. I dont know if it's significant.
  7. P

    9yr old hip has loosened - revision required

    Out of curiosity what were your metal lab results? My cobalt/metal level was 1.5. My OS is concerned about metallosis. But I spoke with the surgeon who did my primary replacement and he stated there was no cobalt in the implant. It had to come from somewhere. I also considered going to HSS...
  8. P

    Left hip revision 1/7

    Thank you @prairienut. Mine is too small. As well the stem not centered in the femur. OS said there is a 1.5 mm discrepancy between the left and right hip. I have at least 3 heterotrophic ossifications I hope he removes. He will only remove them if they get in his way. Sadly, I hope they do. I...
  9. P

    Left hip revision 1/7

    Thank you for all your support and encouragement. I'm excited and anxious. Hip pain has impacted my life in so many ways. I just want pain relief. In May 2008 I had a left hip osteochondroplasty, labrum repair, reshaping of the acetabulum In January 2011 I had left hip surgery to excise...
  10. P

    THR Celebrex to prevent HO post THR?

    @tikismom, I have been treated previously with Indocin x 6 weeks after a hip surgery for HO, which was not successful and then after my replacement I had radiation. Unfortunately my HOs returned again. My current surgeon will not excise them unless they get in the way. Hopefully, they are...
  11. P

    Left hip revision 1/7

    I'm a 41y/o with a long history of left hip pain that started in 2000. I've had 2 previous hip surgeries and a replacement. The last surgery in 2014. I had hip dysplasia and heterotrophic ossifications. My implant is supposedly not the correct size, misaligned and causing metallosis. I am...
Back
Top Bottom