Recent content by Phoebie

  1. P

    THR Phoebie's recovery THR- left side. Uncemented, minimally invasive posterior.

    Hi all! Did I mention I went back and watched the end of the episode? It was a much more complex situation and not really relevant to general hip replacements. I think I was over- thinking. I am still limping which really annoys me. I have had a very busy week in Italy trying to get the project...
  2. P

    THR Sleep walker

    @Majic Oh, I am so sorry. That is almost no rest at night. Good that you have antibiotics and know the reason for the numerous trips to the bathroom. I was not catheterised, even though I had a spinal anaesthetic! They prefer not to do it, probably for that reason. However, as I mentioned here...
  3. P

    THR Every Step Is a Destination

    Gosh, at two weeks out you are in a very early stage of recovery. I organised help with housework etc for a month or so afterwards. In fact, I believe you are not meant to do heavy housework or lifting for six weeks. I milked that with friends and neighbours. I also live alone and am fiercely...
  4. P

    THR Cannot sleep in bed

    The information given by consultants is so diverse. I had the minimally invasive procedure, did you? My six week check up was a five minute telephone call. I was told to stop the exercises and just walk. In fact, to just get on with my life at my own pace and I could call if I had any worries...
  5. P

    THR Seem to be going backwards

    My newborn hip is 12 weeks old now. I have been taking baths for a few weeks as my consultant advised to avoid for the first six weeks only. I have a very deep bath tub so I sit on a little plastic stool. I am waist deep in the bath so it's easy to wash everything. Tis so lovely to be part...
  6. P

    THR Sleep walker

    Excellent news that the night time peeing has settled. Mine did too when the swelling reduced.
  7. P

    Revision THR Mabel's Recovery

    Hi! I didn't rent an ice machine but had a few gel ice packs to rotate. I really only used them for the first six weeks. Once I stopped the blood thinners at five weeks the swelling became much less of a problem. It is annoying at the time. Very occasionally, if I overdo it, I get a little...
  8. P

    THR Sleep walker

    Ahh, that's great news. Obviously still too many trips. I do think the brain is triggered to pee as soon as we wake and the hip wakes us frequently in the early weeks. It will settle. You have to keep hydrated to prevent clots in the first six weeks but after that you can probably reduce your...
  9. P

    THR Sleep walker

    I am not a doctor but I wonder if it is to do with the soft tissue healing? I peed a lot at night in the first few weeks. I was on blood thinners and doing the exercises the hospital advised. The exercises aggravated the soft tissue healing causing fluid to gather to protect the healing, my leg...
  10. P

    THR Sleep walker

    This was exactly my experience for the first few weeks. Are you on blood thinners?
  11. P

    Revision THR AJ’s LHS THR

    I am about the same time in recovery. I still need walking aids for long walks - yesterday I had to do a lot of walking and fell it a little today. I don't use them indoors or for short walks outside. I am probably nowhere near as fit as you. I am keeping the walking aids for now as I do still...
  12. P

    THR Phoebie's recovery THR- left side. Uncemented, minimally invasive posterior.

    I still have not watched the whole episode. Probably never will. :) S10 E9 to be avoided by all new Hippies.
  13. P

    THR Phoebie's recovery THR- left side. Uncemented, minimally invasive posterior.

    Long story short. I have a new filling. The dentist said it was just an old metal filling and they tend to crack at some point. It did not reach the nerves and no root canal needed. A new composite filling is looking good. I explained all of my concerns about infection and the new hip. He was...
  14. P

    THR Phoebie's recovery THR- left side. Uncemented, minimally invasive posterior.

    I have an appointment with the dentist later today.
  15. P

    THR Phoebie's recovery THR- left side. Uncemented, minimally invasive posterior.

    I got a tooth infection in the first lockdown. In the UK there was no provision for dentists for months. Dentists were forbidden to treat patients and risked having their licences taken away. People were pulling their own teeth out. I managed to track down my dentist who was repainting the...
Back
Top Bottom