Recent content by PeterL

  1. P

    2015 December SuperNovas - Are you having knee surgery in December?

    Scheduled for my second LTKR on Thursday 17th Dec having had the RTKR late June this year. Should be an interesting Christmas but generally looking forward to it and hopefully going into the New Year with two fully functioning legs. Will make a big difference I'm sure.
  2. P

    TKR TKR #2 --Left Knee -- (August 5 2015)

    I've been OK with going up and downstairs, as long as I can see where I'm going clearly. With the nights drawing in I have absolutely no confidence at all and hang on to the rail and move very carefully one step at a time. Yet to try walking on an icy pavement... I will certainly pay attention...
  3. P

    TKR TKR #2 --Left Knee -- (August 5 2015)

    Metal heart: certainly didn't see anything like that on my Ward albeit the connection was there over night. Might well be that on seeing the anaesthetist the next day I said that the pain levels were OK with me... not a good move I suspect as it certainly got a whole worse for the next week or...
  4. P

    TKR TKR #2 --Left Knee -- (August 5 2015)

    @metalheart - good to see your post and in many ways to note that there was a real difference in the post-op journey between operations - more swelling and no doubt bruising? I'm hoping the same for me, but in reverse as my leg really was black and blue way back in July and indeed even now a...
  5. P

    Total knee replacement

    @Andysdad - sort of close as I'm in Dundee. I too used to be fairly active but have not been so for the past few years as I waited on both knees to be replaced. I do mean wait as well, I certainly reached the point where the pain completely took over having been on Tramadol for the best part of...
  6. P

    TKR TKR #2 --Left Knee -- (August 5 2015)

    Well I had the follow-up and the go ahead for the left-knee. The letter has duly arrived and whilst there is a 12 week 'guarantee' with the NHS (30th December in my case) it has been pointed out that the hospital regularly don't meet it. Should I refuse the offer whenever it comes that will put...
  7. P

    TKR TKR #2 --Left Knee -- (August 5 2015)

    @metalheart - much appreciated. I'm nowhere near as proactive as perhaps I should be when it comes to formal exercise but there again I have been discharged from the local hospital PT knee class as having reached the stage that they are more than happy with my progress - still waiting for a date...
  8. P

    TKR PeterL - Hello

    Thanks both for your comments - I'll certainly take the skip-in approach on board, it's far easier to be yourself that's for sure. Especially so when I am indeed feeling really good about it all.
  9. P

    TKR PeterL - Hello

    I'm getting impatient and just a little worried that things might not go to my preferred timescale. Due to NHS overload the initial op went way past the scheduled date so I ended up with another OS who is very competent but not quite so charming (let's hope he doesn't read this). I've already...
  10. P

    TKR PeterL - Hello

    I suppose you mean me? I was joking I guess and reflecting more on the title than your content. Which is fine of course and I appreciate you taking the time to write it. But I do enjoy a bit of therapy it can be more fun than education at times?
  11. P

    TKR TKR #2 --Left Knee -- (August 5 2015)

    @Wanttobebiking @metalheart Do appreciate your replies, I guess that in many ways this is all about what makes you feel 'better'. As I said thus far not used ice at all, I'm generally OK but do have some heat and swelling of the right leg which seems to worry the PT more than me. Anyway I'm...
  12. P

    TKR TKR #2 --Left Knee -- (August 5 2015)

    Cothera VPlus This is interesting (I do like gadgets). Can someone tell me exactly what I have been missing by: a. not having used ice in any form or shape thus far b. what will using the machine do for my wellbeing I see that such things can be bought off EBay, brand new, for around the...
  13. P

    TKR PeterL - Hello

    Wasn't quite sure what to expect when moving across to read the 5 P's - I'm very used to being reminded about the 3 P's that relate to being ready for whatever it might be - but 5 P's that really would be a tongue twister - might just hurt a little?
  14. P

    Question for the BTKRs....

    I do envy you over there (in the US) there seems to be little, if any, chance of getting both done at the same time in the UK. That said it sure is a painful operation and as I've yet to have my second the jury is out as to what my thoughts will be once the second is done. I certainly have no...
  15. P

    MUA CATSMUM's new road to recovery

    Reassuring, I have a second one to come, hopefully before the end of the year. The first was certainly painful at the start, probably for a little over two weeks be told. Mainly my ankle for some strange reason, the knee itself has really been OK from Day 1. I was walking without sticks at three...
Back
Top Bottom