Recent content by penliniaupoenus

  1. penliniaupoenus

    Bilateral PKR Bilateral partial recovery

    Ahhh Wolfsie…. Sending you the very best luck with your surgery! It’s a daunting thing to go through but it’s worked very well for me
  2. penliniaupoenus

    Bilateral PKR Bilateral partial recovery

    Just thought I’d give an update in case anyone’s interested! I’m now 9 months and a couple of weeks post surgery. Back in June I climbed a rather big mountain in Northern Spain (1800 m tall) with no problems! This would previously have been totally impossible. I can cycle pretty much as hard...
  3. penliniaupoenus

    PKR Need Advice. Agonizing over decision to get surgery or not.

    Hi Matt - I know your situation and dilemma well - my height and weight are similar to yours and I'm also very active (surfing, cycling, hiking, weight training). I can't advise you on what you should do, but I had bilateral partial knee replacements (persona pkr) about 6 months ago. By now, my...
  4. penliniaupoenus

    Bilateral PKR Bilateral partial recovery

    Just thought I'd give an update on my recovery....in case others are interested. It's been about 4 and a half months. 1 - My recovery has not been linear - I've experienced periods where I'm almost unaware of my new knees and others where (for no apparent reason), my knees swell up and are...
  5. penliniaupoenus

    Bilateral PKR A Few Quirks

    Hi SP, I had bilateral PKR 4 months ago, so it's really interesting reading about your recovery. Did you manage to get back skiing?
  6. penliniaupoenus

    Bilateral PKR Bilateral partial recovery

    That's a great idea - thanks!
  7. penliniaupoenus

    Bilateral PKR Bilateral partial recovery

    Thanks Layla - things are strange with my knees at the moment. Very painful at times with no apparent reason - although I suspect it might be that I'm back at work ....and sitting down for extended periods.
  8. penliniaupoenus

    Bilateral PKR Bilateral partial recovery

    Thanks Layla …. Forum has been great support to me. The first few weeks after surgery were very tough…got great advice from people on here and I’m really grateful. I think I’m doing pretty well, strength recovering and even walking downhill is getting easier. Cycling is feeling good and I did...
  9. penliniaupoenus

    Bilateral PKR Bilateral partial recovery

    Thanks Layla - much to my surprise, I’ve had no repercussions from yesterday. My knees feel better than they did before surfing. Waves are too big and unruly to go again today, I’m going to pick my conditions carefully for a while. Still buzzing!
  10. penliniaupoenus

    TKR MSuki’s Fabulous Recovery Journey

    @MSuki …just read your posts, sounds like you’ve had a hard time in recovery. This plus looking after a parent with dementia must be exceptionally challenging. I lost my father to dementia - so know personally how hard this is. Sending you my best wishes
  11. penliniaupoenus

    Bilateral PKR Bilateral partial recovery

    8 weeks post surgery and I'm back in the sea.......surfing!!!! Well, today was the day I ventured back into the water to see if my knees would let me do my favourite thing. Paddling out felt strange and duck-diving took a while to get right again (a weird but mild stabbing pain on each attempt)...
  12. penliniaupoenus

    Bilateral PKR Bilateral partial recovery

    Well - week 7. Feel like I'm getting better rapidly. My squats are now up to 45 kg for 10 reps and I can walk at about 22 miles per minute pace. I've still not tried surfing...but I've done a few dryland popups that felt good. There's some nice, glassy 2-4 ft waves predicted for boxing day....If...
  13. penliniaupoenus

    Bilateral PKR Bilateral partial recovery

    Just updating in case anyone else is wondering what progress is like after bilateral pkr. I’m in my 6th week post surgery, I think I’m getting on quite well. My pt stepped things up today and got me doing: 1 barbell squats (although just 20kg …ie just the bar!) 2 leg extensions … which are...
  14. penliniaupoenus

    Bilateral PKR Bilateral partial recovery

    Hah...Yes...I've often thought that when I've seen images from your side!
Back
Top Bottom