Recent content by pbro51

  1. pbro51

    TKR up date

    Hi, It's been a while since ive wrote anything. I think it's just because im dishearted with my knee. I'm still getting swelling and pain from knee down to my ankle. Everyone says it will get better. Even my OS said he's known people to have swelling at 6mths. I just feel like i should never had...
  2. pbro51

    TKR up date

    Hi My knee is more painful today. All ive done is walked from the living room to kitchen a couple of stretching exercises and knee slides and its swollen and painful. Ive iced and elevated nearly all morning. I thought i'd turned a corner afew days ago as it felt a lot better now it feels like...
  3. pbro51

    TKR up date

    Hi everyone, I went back to PT last week. He had a different attitude all together. He said my rom was at 90 and i was being discharged from Physio. Im due to see my OS on Tuesday and PT said if i was any less than 90 my OS would probably want a manipulation but he didnt think i needed it. I...
  4. pbro51

    TKR up date

    Hi Im 7 weeks post op now and im getting more than a little scared. I read lots of posts on here and people are getting a lot more rom than i am at my stage. Im only 85 and im worried that im not moving much from this point. I know i have to be patient and everyone doesnt recover at the same...
  5. pbro51

    TKR up date

    Hi Josephine My pain level is about a 4. I'm taking nefopam 30mg 2 three times a day and 3 before bed also paracetamol 2 four times a day. I elevate toes above nose for 30 minutes 5 times a day. I sometimes prepare meals. Put the washing machine on and fold clothes when they are dry. I...
  6. pbro51

    TKR up date

    sorry Jaycey i have posted on here before but didnt know how to link them together. I had a LKTR 6 weeks ago.
  7. pbro51

    TKR up date

    Hi bonesmart friends, I don't know if anyone has experienced this but would be glad of your input. It seems that every time I either get up to walk or do any kind of exercises the whole of my knee turns black and blue. Then it goes when I sit down again.
  8. pbro51

    TKR Avoiding Despair

    Thank you Tennis Nut for your reply I think mentally im feeling better. I know this is going to take a long time and im trying to be patient. Today has been a bad day for pain. It seems to hurt everywhere and is painful if i put any weight through the leg. Im elevating, icing, resting and taking...
  9. pbro51

    TKR Accidental manipulation

    Hi i did the same 2 days out of hospital and i have never shouted so loud in my life. I cried for ages afterwards and my poor hubbie got such a shock. wont be doing that again!!
  10. pbro51

    TKR Avoiding Despair

    Hi Ursula I had my LTKR on the 1st July and i to felt the same about it as you do. I also said there is not enough information about what this operation does to you. I hate my independance been took away from me. I feal like my life was at an end and have cried and made myself physically sick. I...
  11. pbro51

    TKR up date

    Hi im having a lot of stinging right round my knee. I just wondered if anyone else had experienced this. Thanks for listening.
  12. pbro51

    TKR up date

    Thank you Jamie for your message. I must admit these last 5 weeks have been the hardest of my life and its very confusing all the information coming through. I have been following the bonesmart mantra with ice, elevate and pain meds. It has worked well with the swelling. I have done some...
  13. pbro51

    TKR up date

    Thank you for all the advice. I will take on board all that you have said. Im icing and elevating as i type.
  14. pbro51

    TKR up date

    Thanks, Joyce, for your wishes. I have read a lot of posts on here and I know what everyone says that ice, elevate and rest are best. But then most of them have had manipulations. So that makes me wonder if they had exercised more would they have needed this doing. You hear some people saying...
  15. pbro51

    TKR up date

    Well I'm 5 wks post op on my left knee replacement and I went back to see the dreaded PT on Friday. He said i was behind and my knee bend was only at 80%. He said I have to try harder this week and if I don't have 90 or 100, he will need to start pushing and bending my knee himself when I go for...
Back
Top Bottom