Recent content by pamwmsn

  1. pamwmsn

    TKR My Knee Odyssey<

    Thank you @Mutti3. I’m so ready to be active again and am having a hard time not being depressed after almost 3 months of this! The doctors, I think, should prepare you more and not paint such a rosy picture.
  2. pamwmsn

    TKR My Knee Odyssey<

    Hello @Murry. I am a fellow South Carolinian. I see that you are 4 months ahead of me in your TKR and was interested in your experienced insight. Especially since it seems you struggled in the weeks after your surgery also. Mine was Apr 2 2018 so I'm at 11 weeks. I'm so frustrated! I hurt when I...
  3. pamwmsn

    TKR Struggling through recovery<

    I'm at 10 weeks post surgery now, and am wondering if others still have pain when walking. Also, I've developed a "catch" behind my knee. Doctor says it's a tendon. It pops when I walk or bend the knee and it hurts. He says if it doesn't get better he'll give me a cortisone shot. Anyone else...
  4. pamwmsn

    TKR Struggling through recovery<

    @MaryMC yes I take magnesium in the morning and at night. @Laurenkate, @Josephine I have cut back on PT lately (mainly because I’ve been feeling so bad) and don’t think I will sign up for PT in June. I think I can do enough on my own. By the way, I started taking iron supplements yesterday and...
  5. pamwmsn

    TKR Struggling through recovery<

    @Josephine, @Celle Thank you so much for your advice and caring. Also, @Josephine, I had weaned myself off of Gabapentin but was thinking today about going back on it for the RLS. I do believe it has worsened since I stopped taking the Gaba.
  6. pamwmsn

    TKR Struggling through recovery<

    After 2 nights of very little sleep, last night I took 2 Tylenol PMs before bedtime. Shortly after settling into bed the restless legs started. I tried ice, stretching, everything I could think of but did not sleep at all. After taking care of my dog this morning I did sleep for 2 hours. I feel...
  7. pamwmsn

    TKR Struggling through recovery<

    @Josephine 8. Short walk with dog. Mild stretching. PT 2-3 times a weeks. Stationary bike 15 min Elliptical 6 min Calf stretches 4 sets 30 sec each Balance board 2 sets of 20 Thigh stretch 4 sets 30 sec each Leg press 2 sets of 10 Leg curl 2...
  8. pamwmsn

    TKR Struggling through recovery<

    @Laurenkate I’ve tried everything to sleep on my side but it doesn’t work. It hurts. I have to try and sleep flat on my back with my leg on a pillow. Miserable! Anyone have any ideas or tricks?
  9. pamwmsn

    TKR Struggling through recovery<

    @Josephine 1. Overall pain level 3 2. I’m taking Advil 600 mg or Tylenol 1500 mg as needed. Advil at night 3. Swelling is moderate 4. ROM is 132 and 0, about a week ago 5. Usually ice once during the day for 30 min and also use ice during the night in desperation with rls. 6. Elevate most...
  10. pamwmsn

    TKR Struggling through recovery<

    @Beckadeez I have tried melatonin but it doesnt work for me:sad:
  11. pamwmsn

    TKR Struggling through recovery<

    Ugh, everything has side effects, doesn't it!
  12. pamwmsn

    TKR Struggling through recovery<

    Any ideas about sensitivity and restless legs severely affecting sleep? I've been reading about iron deficiency possibly causing this. I've never been iron deficient before but haven't had bloodwork done since my surgery. Would it hurt to start iron tablets to see if it helps? I desperately need...
  13. pamwmsn

    TKR Struggling through recovery<

    Thanks Beckadeez!
  14. pamwmsn

    TKR Struggling through recovery<

    Thank you @Steve! @Josephine I’m ready for questions.
  15. pamwmsn

    TKR Struggling through recovery<

    Thank you @Marquette. You're right! The lack of sleep and energy are the worse! When I only sleep 3 or 4 hours, I'm like a zombie the next day and I feel so frustrated and hopeless . I'm not on pain meds anymore except for Advil and Tylenol at the instructions of my doctor. At times I still feel...
Back
Top Bottom