Recent content by pag

  1. pag

    THR Doing Great

    Kay so sorry hear of your pain. I can image that you are frustrated (as was I with the swelling). You seem determined to succeed with the work that you are doing to gain strength. As an old athlete, I've always believe that determination and work will get you where I want to be! Best wishes to you!
  2. pag

    THR Doing Great

    . . Good advice!
  3. pag

    THR Doing Great

    Thank you, Josephine and Peaches. . My wife has volunteered to cut my toenails, but I'm with you. . would love to figure it out! Moving along and will be headed back to work full time on July 8. I'm trying to walk around our house and much as possible and continue the exercises that the PT left...
  4. pag

    THR Doing Great

    Stiches out. It's so wonderful to do a full, rather than a sponge bath! Swelling starting to go down. I do my exercises and walk around but still find time to get the leg up. I would advice patience and sticking to exercise regimen for those recently moving over to the "post op" side. Stay strong!
  5. pag

    THR Doing Great

    Very encouraging, thank you!
  6. pag

    THR Doing Great

    I did and thank you for the information. Know the 90 rule and I'm following it. Point for me is that the photos with folks sitting partially up on a recliner (what is too high? what works? . . ) are more confusing than helpful (for me, anyway).
  7. pag

    THR Doing Great

    Thanks for the info, all. Peaches: doing better and moved from walker to cane. One frustration is the fact that my foot has "balloned" out and looks almost twice it's pre-surgery size. I had been putting ice on the foot itself, but our PT nurse suggested that we continue to ice the surgercial...
  8. pag

    THR Doing Great

    Thanks, Beckylou
  9. pag

    THR Doing Great

    Having a devil of a time figuring out this 90 degree rule and how it fits into these photos of people sitting in chairs with "x's" on them! Confusing
  10. pag

    THR Doing Great

    sandybeach: thought I had written a short note to you on your recovery facility issue, but I don't see it today. Let me try again: my wife is doing fine now that she sees that I'm doing much on my own after I came home. One of the stress issues for THR families is a long waiting period in...
  11. pag

    THR Doing Great

    Thanks to all for the encouragment. Just want to add my own personal touch to all who suggest above, not to do too much. After I wrote my "doing great post" yesterday, my wife and I took what I had hoped would be a short walk down the block. I was feeling my oats and believe I went a little too...
  12. pag

    THR Doing Great

    Just a quick note to let everyone know that my May 20 surgery went well and I (thankfully) have no pain. I was released on Thursday May 23 (talked the doctor into another day!) and I was walking the halls with my walker quite smoothly the day after my surgery! So far, so good. Thanks again for...
  13. pag

    Time to Get 2nd Hip Replaced

    SeaSiren: Thanks you! If all goes well, should be back on Thursday and will post with results! Much appreciated!
  14. pag

    Time to Get 2nd Hip Replaced

    Hi sandybeach: Thanks for asking! Have one in mind. The hospital provides a "patient coordinator" who assists patients with the final decision on where to go post-surgery. With surgery on Monday morning, the expected discharge day would be Thursday. I am to meet with the coordinator on Wednesday...
  15. pag

    Time to Get 2nd Hip Replaced

    sandybeach thanks for your thoughts. I'll call my doctor and get the process started to see if he might right that script for me. Appreciate!
Back
Top Bottom