I want to thank you for all you have done for so many folks for such a long time. You are a very special person to give so much of yourself to so many going through this process. I would never have had the support I have received on this site were it not for your encouragement.
Lets hope there is white smoke coming out of both our hospitals chimney on Monday evening signaling that a new hip has been selected and successfully installed! :) I hope you also have a a restful and enjoyable Sunday and are in good spirits as you head toward "crossing over" . I 'll look...
Thanks or your Prayers and best wishes. Received my surrey time for Monday the 18th.1:30 pm Eastern Standard time in the US.Not certain but I think that is 5:30 pm in the UK. Still good to go and trying to relax over this weekend and show up on Monday ready to get it done!
Hope all others...
Just got back from the dentist.They did a good exam (pushed,pulled tapped ,wiggled) of the suspect tooth and shot 2 Xray's. All negative. So there goes ( I hope! ) the last issue that stood in the way of going forward toward Monday surgery. I will ck. out the Clexane shots you mentioned and see...
Hi Kim,
Don't know how I missed the posts on your cold.Just teens you a post and never asked how you are doing.
How have things worked out? Hope all is well and you are back on top and ready to head in for your surgery and pass over on the 18th.
All the best ,
Overly
Stargazer, your post was a great read for me . I'm 4 days out from a March 18th surgery. Great to read such a positive and inspiring post. I guess I sort of fall on the other side of the line.That being I have had few thoughts about canceling the surgery. All want to do is HAVE it and move on to...
Hi Kim,
Robert AKA Overly Hackled here.
Well we are getting very close to our launch date of the 18th. I've cleared all the pre op hurdles and med cks. Have my walker ans have been using it for a week now,the hip is just too shot out for the cane now. Did a little custom work on it .mounted a...
Hi Sissy 46,
Not certain how to post to you directly ,new to this forum. But I would very much like to hear from you about kayaking post surgery. I 'm a long time Yaker and desperately want to do all possible to assure I don't loose access to the magic of the paddle . Your counsel would be much...
You are certainly right about this being a wonderful forum. Every one is so helpful and friendly. I really do feel people care about each other here.Such a very rare item in cyberspace. I will defiantly send a message to Sissy about post recovery kayaking. We have a short kayaking season here...
Kim,
I LOL at your statement about being out of sight of land in the North Sea!! Believe me the trips I took that were adventures beyond the sight of land were on calm seas,and with three or for other very experienced sea Kayakers who were kind enough to allow me to join them and learn many...
Thanks for your encouragement and good advice. I think I have more trepidation about recovery than the actual surgery. Keeping my own pace and goals would seem to be the key from all the good counsel folks are providing. I've always been the "Human Bulldozer" the one who wants to blow up all...
Kim22,
So very nice to hear from you. I find it of some comfort that you and I will both be taking the same journey ,all be it separated by an ocean. Lets keep each other in our respective prayers and stay in touch as we move into ,across and successfully through to the "other side" where our...
I am a March Musketeer . I have been surfing the net looking around for info on the the whole process for quite some time and luckily some how came upon this site. I am having a total right hip replacement on March 18th. I find my self both excited about the prospect of becoming pain free and...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.