Recent content by ouchie!

  1. ouchie!

    TKR Sudden cramp like pain walking down stairs

    Thank you @benni68, that sounds very interesting. I’ll have a little read and thank you for your reply.
  2. ouchie!

    TKR Sudden cramp like pain walking down stairs

    Hi all, haven’t been on here for months! Progressing well but knee is quite stiff still at 11 months and I’m wondering if this is normal or should I do more intensive physio? Would love to read your experiences at this stage. Other knee needs replacing so still can’t walk far and use a stick...
  3. ouchie!

    TKR I'm back again

    My dear @Dolphin5, I’m so sorry you had such a terrible time with the physio. I stopped seeing the hospital physio as I was humiliated and treated so badly too. She pressed down hard on my knee, kneading it like a piece of dough. She was so rude too. Never went back! I now just do gentle...
  4. ouchie!

    TKR Day to day sitting about

    Hi @Caron, give it time. I’m now at 5 months and sometimes I don’t even think about my knee, but sometimes it swells and throbs a bit, usually at night if I’ve overdone it! I walk around the house without any aids, but if I go out I do use a cane just for that bit of security and balance...
  5. ouchie!

    TKR Sudden cramp like pain walking down stairs

    @westiemom You really will feel a difference as the months go by. I sort of find a difference month by month rather than weekly. I know I dosed up on pain meds when out today, but before the TKR I never could have done that even with pain meds! Just shows the difference already. Thank you...
  6. ouchie!

    TKR Maulia's TKR Recovery

    Hi @Maulia, I’m at 5 months, almost, and what a difference to 2 months! I’m still aware of my knee, but pain greatly reduced in comparison, I tried driving at 11 weeks and the quad did not like it! Left it another 2 weeks and I was fine, and now I jump into the car and off without a thought...
  7. ouchie!

    TKR Sudden cramp like pain walking down stairs

    Hi @westiemom, sorry haven’t been on so much but am doing quite well. I’m now at 5 months and am seeing a huge difference from 2 months. The knee is still a bit swollen but not as painful as before. I only ice before bed. I still stock up on pain meds before I go out as the non operated...
  8. ouchie!

    TKR New knee success !

    How lovely to read your journey and it has given me hope. I’m at 4 1/2 months post op and improving but still a long way to go. I’m having the other one done next September, I hope. Not looking forward to it, but so much pain in the non op knee it just needs to be done doesn’t it? I’ll never...
  9. ouchie!

    TKR TKR with Fibro and Raynauds and RA, anyone else?

    Hi @beralc, with being able to lift my leg onto the bed, I was able to do that from day 1. I’d sit on the right side of the bed, lift the non op left leg first followed by right op leg. The nurses were very impressed. Thereafter it went downhill! So being able to lift the leg ion to the bed...
  10. ouchie!

    TKR TKR with Fibro and Raynauds and RA, anyone else?

    Aww bless you @beralc, reading your posts really brings back that first week. I’m now at 4 months and the change has been amazing, hang on in there things will get better. I’m obviously not fully recovered but so much better than before. I’m in the U.K. too (Herts). My home situation was...
  11. ouchie!

    TKR Soreness

    Hi @Nanav, yes very normal. I’m at 4 months too and although I feel so much better than I did, I still ache like mad if I overdo things. Not just my knee either, today it was my poor back, I was only sweeping in the garden and just had to stop as my back and knee said no! Have a good rest...
  12. ouchie!

    TKR L. TKR on 1/16/2025

    Hope all went well. I can only reiterate what everyone has said - rest, rest and rest, elevate and ice. Walk a bit but don’t go crazy. Take your pain meds regularly. You can do the odd bit of simple PT if you feel up to it, but don’t fret about it. Wishing you well.
  13. ouchie!

    MUA Sleeping on my side, 5 weeks post TKR

    I couldn’t sit on a dining chair comfortably for many weeks. 10 minutes was enough. If I sat for more than 10 mins boy did I know about it later! It would hurt for the rest of the day and night. I’d have my dinner on a tray on the sofa with my leg stretched out on the sofa. It was a good...
  14. ouchie!

    MUA Sleeping on my side, 5 weeks post TKR

    Hi @Andypandy, I suffer with back pain at times, and if I stand too long or stretch too much, it makes it worse. I tend to rest more, not in bed, but just don’t overdo it and it improves. Never had it looked at as resting cures it. Sitting on rubbish restaurant chairs aggravate it too! If I...
  15. ouchie!

    TKR Slow recovery from TKR

    I didnt want to frighten people about my spinal and sedation, so sorry! I could hear things but I absolutely couldn’t feel a thing at all. Even when I had my THR in 2016 I could hear the staff chatting away while I snoozed - couldn’t make out what exactly they were saying though. Maybe as...
Back
Top Bottom