Recent content by opie

  1. opie

    Dental Antibiotics post THR?

    My surgeon advised for life! He said why take the chance? I'm with him. Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  2. opie

    THR 1½ years in!!!

    @Hip Hip Hooray! I am with you! Slowly and surely recoverying from my second THR. Professional dancer and athlete my entire life. Swimming, yoga, biking are my choice too. My chronic pain was awful and I want to be well for a very long time. I am ok with these choices. Staying strong means a lot...
  3. opie

    The old Wait til you're 50

    My first THR was when I was 52. I ended up seeing 4 surgeons before finding one that listened to me as well as reviewing all of my MRI's etc. and said it sounded like I was ready for a THR. 8 years later, after experiencing the terrible pain we all talk about here, literally overnight, I sought...
  4. opie

    THR Pain, Pain, Go Away

    Ditto to all the responses above. I, too, had the mind set that I needed to get off the narcotics ASAP. This forum helped me to understand that would come in time. Your last post is spot on! Take good care! Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
  5. opie

    THR Paranoid and worried about everything!

    Oh boy the boredom! I had a little nest of different thing to do all around my recliner:) Netflix has been my best friend. There are many excellent documentaries and Netflix originals that I depended on to keep me sane. I also have a journal, nail kit, crossword puzzles, books and I down loaded...
  6. opie

    Timing of second THR

    Such a hard decision, I know! My second THR was decided for me as it went from not so good to terrible, literally overnight. Hopefully you can see your surgeon and get a game plan. You deserve the quality of life the THR affords us! Take good care. Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  7. opie

    THR Cathy's Recovery<

    So happy for you. Take good care. Slow and steady.! Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  8. opie

    RTHR Scheduled for March 30

    You will be great! Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  9. opie

    Bilateral THR 5 weeks pain kinda the same as before surgery.

    So very happy to hear this news! I have a picture of a very happy person cruising and enjoying every minute of it. Good for you! Sent from my iPhone
  10. opie

    THR 2 THRs 9 years apart<

    I pray that my back pain goes away.... but I'm not confident that it will. On my X-ray at 7 weeks, the report stated mild arthritis in the lower back. Also, if I were you I would sleep in the recliner. It may be inconvenient, but at least you will not have to deal with back pain. Since I've been...
  11. opie

    THR 2 THRs 9 years apart<

    @pdlinda. My story is very similar. RTHR in 2010 and LTHR January 30, 2017! I, too had a few issues in the last few weeks with pain in my first THR and in my back. My pain would happen at night when I went to bed. When I mentioned it to the PA, they suggested my body was recovering from a...
  12. opie

    Double hippie January 30, hopefully by 2:00!

    @Jaycey. Thank you! I appreciate you keeping my thread together. I definitely will listen carefully to my hip and see how I do. Will not risk damaging it.
  13. opie

    THR For those that have had restrictions <

    Yes! I'm 8 weeks post op and still want to use the toilet risers and use the handicapped stall in public places. I'm better in bed with using pillows and mostly back sleeping which gives me major back stiffness. I still ice and elevate after activity. Trying some stretching my outside thigh so...
  14. opie

    Double hippie January 30, hopefully by 2:00!

    I am post op 8 weeks with my second THR. I'm wondering if I can lift my 17 month old grandson?
  15. opie

    THR The big day is tomorrow 3/24

    You will be great! Happy for you to finally be getting this done. Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
Back
Top Bottom