Recent content by Oldped

  1. O

    TKR Staying Positive

    @Andypandy ,@beralc , sounds like you’re doing well, not much going on here. Still struggling with stomach issues, had labs: CT yesterday, results ok. Have stomach scope next week. This has taken my mind off my knee, figure I won’t get back my old life, but still have a good life. I’ve lost more...
  2. O

    TKR Staying Positive

    @Andypandy @beralc @westiemom, How are you all? I’ve been struggling a bit, now have gastritis from antibiotics, poor appetite, can’t eat much. I did manage a short walk outside, knee still very stiff. I’m waiting for referral, don’t think I can do another op because my stomach won’t tolerate...
  3. O

    TKR Slow recovery from TKR

    @westiemom , I feel your struggles, too. I’m definitely not where I want to be either. I feel like this is the hardest time I’ve gone through, including medical school and having a set of twins at 45( with 3 older kids, including 2 teens). I’m trying hard not to worry far ahead just concentrate...
  4. O

    TKR Staying Positive

    Sending you hugs and best wishes and lots of ice cream, it will go fine.
  5. O

    MUA Sleeping on my side, 5 weeks post TKR

    @westiemom , I feel like I am in the same fix. I can walk without walker but very stiff , little bend. I am going to get a referral to a research on Arthrofibrosis program, about 4 hrs away. They can replace with hinged implant, have protocol for meds/ rehab after. I don’t know If I can handle...
  6. O

    TKR Staying Positive

    Are coming along, it’s been a long winter.
  7. O

    TKR Staying Positive

    @beralc , slowly feeling better, a3 different antibiotics in a row were not nice to my gut, I think I got a mild gastritis. I’ve been very tired, little appetite, at least took my mind off the knee. Getting some energy back, feel like moving a bit more. We got big snowstorm yesterday, about a...
  8. O

    TKR Staying Positive

    @sistersinhim , thank for your advice. I think today I’m finally feeling better, after 3 antibiotics. I’m not using wipes, (except sometimes on kitties) and I to use feta Phil. I like their lotion, body wash, face wash and lotion. I used to recommend it to my patients.
  9. O

    TKR Staying Positive

    At last a glimmer of good news. My tests for infection in my knee are negative. I’m getting a referral to a research program at Mayo Clinic on scarring in knee implants. A big relief for now.
  10. O

    TKR Staying Positive

    Unfortunately this is just for one UTI, klebsiella which d- mannose doesn’t work. First drug only partially sensitive, 2nd drug wrecked my stomach, couldn’t keep it down, now on drug 3 but stomach still upset. I’ve read about the vaccine, great idea, not yet available in US.
  11. O

    TKR Staying Positive

    @westiemom , thanks for your concern. New med seems a bit better but I think 3 antibiotics in a row are making my stomach unhappy, just hope I get rid of this infection. I don’t have much appetite but eat a little to take meds, have lost a couple more pounds but I wouldn’t recommend this diet...
  12. O

    TKR TKR with Fibro and Raynauds and RA, anyone else?

    @beralc , sorry things are flaring up for you, I feel I know how frustrating these other issues are. No I haven’t had op on both knees, but strangely enough my other knee ( which has had some issues) has gotten more stiff/ sore since op probably because it has had to work harder. I feel like we...
  13. O

    TKR TKR with Fibro and Raynauds and RA, anyone else?

    @Andypandy and @beralc , same here. I have legs just slightly elevated at night,and when I get up during night, or first thing in AM knee feels “ softer”, not a log, but after moving around it stiffens right up and feels heavy. Sometimes too less stiff after lying with toes up on couch. Got new...
  14. O

    TKR Staying Positive

    @westiemom , I’m 2 weeks ahead of you, not doing so well this week. On meds for UTI, really bothering my stomach. On the couch with ice on knee, heating pad on stomach. 50 here with sun ,walked a bit on deck. Call in to Dr for different meds that will be easier on my finicky stomach. Very tired...
  15. O

    TKR TKR with Fibro and Raynauds and RA, anyone else?

    @beralc , short walk on deck this AM, sunny and 50F, amazing. On the couch too, meds for my UTI are chewing my stomach up. Call in to Dr office to switch antibiotic that might be easier. I’m tired of meds! Hanging in there by a thread today
Back
Top Bottom