Recent content by Old Rocker

  1. Old Rocker

    THR Both hips done 12 weeks apart - I made it!

    Hi 1stSurgery - I apologize for not being active in the time since your post. I hope your second surgery was a success. I had so much going on for me right after both surgeries that I would not be a good case study in recovery! I had a bad fall just 3 days after surgery one. Then I had to...
  2. Old Rocker

    THR Both hips done 12 weeks apart - I made it!

    Thanks Layla. Just seeing these. I've been absent a lot. SO many things going on for me. Really lucky I got fixed when I did. I'm on the go constantly these days. Will probably need new hips again in a couple years already! Hope you are recovering well also.
  3. Old Rocker

    THR Still in pain 4-months post-op<

    I also heard and read many "stories" of other joint replacement patients who were supposed to be amazingly transformed and feeling like Olympians within just days of surgery. I can't imagine that possibly being true after going through it twice. Real recovery was slow and gradual in both of my...
  4. Old Rocker

    THR Still in pain 4-months post-op<

    Hang in there. I did both last summer about 12 weeks apart. My recovery was slow and I was in pain every day. Not massive pain, but an inconvenient/constant reminder type of thing that I was not "recovered". Having 2 bad hips at the same time definitely makes things much worse for you, and...
  5. Old Rocker

    THR Both hips done 12 weeks apart - I made it!

    thank you all. This week has been good. Really good. Walking everywhere - no pain - no limp. Haven't felt like this in a long time! Seems like a major shift for me that began exactly one year to the day of my first surgery. Hope it stays like this for awhile.
  6. Old Rocker

    Anesthesia or Spinal and propofol?

    spinal with sedation - complete blackout until the recovery room.
  7. Old Rocker

    THR Both hips done 12 weeks apart - I made it!

    Well - tomorrow marks the one year anniversary of my first THR (left side). Can't believe it's been a whole year. I'm doing a whole lot of normal activity these days. Still, I would estimate myself to be about 60% back to my normal pre-surgery self. I get around OK. I do what I want to for...
  8. Old Rocker

    THR Almost 16 weeks, still painful<

    I have just reached the one year mark since my first total replacement. At 16 weeks I was experiencing everything you are. Even at 52 weeks, I'm still far from my pre-surgery normal. I did both hips 12 weeks apart. Recovery has been slow and at times I would go a month with no discernible...
  9. Old Rocker

    THR Both hips done 12 weeks apart - I made it!

    Thank you Layla! I hope others who are fresh from their surgeries, or preparing to have theirs, can take some comfort that things WILL get better. My heart goes out to all who have complications or adverse reactions post-op. This is such a struggle that just getting through the surgeries and...
  10. Old Rocker

    THR Both hips done 12 weeks apart - I made it!

    Yes hip pain is really non-existent. My knees still complain a bit but that's getting better each week. @Mojo333, I agree. I just think back to how bad it was and how immobile I had become and I'm totally OK with the little niggles and momentary stabs of pain that creep in on me now and then...
  11. Old Rocker

    THR Both hips done 12 weeks apart - I made it!

    Just passed the 12 week mark for my RTHR. Things are going pretty good. Completed all in-home therapy and did 12 sessions outpatient PT. Walking a couple of miles/day and riding stationary bike a mile or two. Still some slight pain and stiffness even in my LTHR which is now 6 months post-op...
  12. Old Rocker

    THR Freedom's anterior Lthr

    Glad you are improving! We were both on the same day - June 12. I did my other hip September 20. Some things were better, some things were worse. Recoveries are so individual. I got mad that every hippy I would meet out and about bragged about how fast they were back to normal. I'm at 6...
  13. Old Rocker

    THR Both hips done 12 weeks apart - I made it!

    4 weeks post-op. quit the meds cold turkey at the 2 week point. had a couple of rough days of detox that I didn't expect. flu-like symptoms and a general sense of misery. Spent the first 3 weeks really taking it easy. ice, elevate, TV viewing and just required kitchen and bathroom trips...
  14. Old Rocker

    THR Both hips done 12 weeks apart - I made it!

    thanks for all the well wishes! 9 days post op now, and the first time I've turned on my computer since surgery. This time around was easier. Much less pain and swelling in hospital and I was much more limber when PT arrived the day after surgery. Home recovery has been much easier with the...
  15. Old Rocker

    THR Both hips done 12 weeks apart - I made it!

    Did LTHR back on June 12. A bit of a rough recovery and life has thrown me all sorts of hurdles that put me in situations of major over-doing it since about my 3rd week of recovery, including my battle with Hurricane Irma in Florida last week. Thanks to Irma, my original date for RTHR of Sept...
Back
Top Bottom