Recent content by OkieKim

  1. OkieKim

    TKR OkieKim is Movin'

    Just taking a minute to get things set up before leaving for the hospital. I will give a shout when I can stay awake and focus enough to put a couple of words together. Good luck and sending positives thoughts and prayers to the other April Rainbows crossing over this week.
  2. OkieKim

    OkieKim, I'm Ready to Move again

    @Jozilla, @suzzee2000, @lovetocookandsew, and @sunflower ...thank you for your encouragement. @sunflower good luck on your surgery tomorrow and thank you for the information on getting back on the bike. Last season I had a proper bike fitting and we ended up making my geometry much less...
  3. OkieKim

    OkieKim, I'm Ready to Move again

    I am down to my last day, my how the past 8 weeks have flown by. I've been sitting here reading over the articles again. I'm trying not get pre occupied by things like making sure PT does not hurt me, and pain control. I broke my ankle many years ago, ok jumping out of a perfectly good airplane...
  4. OkieKim

    OkieKim, I'm Ready to Move again

    Thanks to everyone who has posted on my pre-op thread. I know I haven't been very active but I am looking forward to getting to the other side. My countdown is almost over. One more evening of work and hopefully a relaxing weekend and then on to the other side. I just need to pack a few things...
  5. OkieKim

    TKR RickSt Post Op

    Hey @RickSt nice ride!!! I'm just a few days from my TKR and will be ready to get back on my bike sometime this summer. I have signed up to do the Oklahoma MS 150 ride again this year in September. Not sure how much of the 150 I will be able to do, but hopefully I will be able to participate...
  6. OkieKim

    OkieKim, I'm Ready to Move again

    Thanks @referee54, I feel like I am as ready as can be. I had my last workout with my trainer today. Just trying to finish up the last few things. Got my hair trimmed, have done some grocery shopping. My shower chair is put together and ready to go. Just counting the days down.
  7. OkieKim

    Bilateral TKR April 7 is the big day.

    :flwrysmile:Good luck tomorrow @den70chev. I will be looking for your post in a couple of days. I will be a week behind you, but I'm a light weight, only having a single knee done:yes!:. Will have you in my thoughts for sure!!
  8. OkieKim

    Bilateral TKR Suzzee 2000's race to a new life.....

    Hi @suzzee2000 I have been reading your threads on both sides. Your attitude is so encouraging!! I look forward to reading your posts daily. Take care and looking forward to continue watching your recovery.
  9. OkieKim

    OkieKim, I'm Ready to Move again

    I have really been lazy in my posting. Thank you Josephine for the list. I have read through the list once and will re-read this week. I had my most nervous time a couple of weeks ago. I had the pre-op with the OS and my pre-op tests at the hospital that week. After getting that out of the way I...
  10. OkieKim

    Great news today...Ready for Surgery

    Keep up the good work. You have done a super job on getting yourself turned around. Good luck Tuesday, I will be keeping you in my thoughts! I will be having a LTKR 6 days behind you. You will do fantastic!!
  11. OkieKim

    Bilateral TKR Big Bend goes for bilateral big bendy knees!

    Keeping you in my thoughts BigBend!!!
  12. OkieKim

    TKR Ironman makes it to other side

    Hey Ironman60 so glad to hear you are doing well. Wow your story of waking up is crazy. Rest when you can and keep healing!!
  13. OkieKim

    1 year on the 5th of February

    Go Foxy that is amazing!!!!
  14. OkieKim

    MRI Scan

    @gazelle7777 From my understanding this MRI was to sent to Biomet to custom make the cutting jigs for the TKR. I guess makes everything patient specific for cutting and alignment. My OS will be using Biomet Vanguard implants.
  15. OkieKim

    MRI Scan

    Mine for the fit took about 25-30 min. It scanned the ankle, the knee, and the hip. They just put a soft wrap around my knee. Wasn't too uncomfortable.
Back
Top Bottom