Recent content by okie408

  1. okie408

    THR joining the sore butt crowd

    Lastest update. I got the job!!!!!! Tonight is my last shift as a police officer. I start next week as a state park ranger!!! The guys bought me a cake and don't want me to leave the station tonight. No sense in taking chances. So at 7:00 a.m. in the morning I will no longer be a police...
  2. okie408

    THR joining the sore butt crowd

    Hi guys and gals, It has been a long time since I posted anything. It has been about 17 months since my first hip replacement. People are amazed when I tell them about it. I always say the same thing.....It was the best thing I ever did for myself. I rarely have any pains from my hips...
  3. okie408

    THR joining the sore butt crowd

    Just a quick note......I passed my test with an 87%.
  4. okie408

    THR joining the sore butt crowd

    Howdy folks! Things are going pretty good. Thursday night I took off work and took my wife and daughter out to eat. During the meal I quietly started signing "Happy Birth Day to my butt". They both looked at me like I was crazy and my wife asked what in the world I was talking about. I told...
  5. okie408

    THR joining the sore butt crowd

    Ice and Ibuprophen are my best friends. The soreness is gone and things are back to the way they were. I used the ice water pump on my shoulder this evening and think I woke up with the begining stages of hypothermia. I have an old shoulder injury from being in a car wreck at work years ago...
  6. okie408

    THR joining the sore butt crowd

    The ice sounds great but after the busy week at work and then the farming work at home, the wife still needed help with the house today. I did get a short nap after helping her but then it was time to go to my second job and I will be here until 5:00 in the morning. I haven't really had the...
  7. okie408

    THR joining the sore butt crowd

    Well it has been almost a year since my first hip replacement and I think I have had my first set back in several months. I have been training a new recruit for the last four weeks and he has kept me busy. We had to fight with a mentally disturbed person at the hospital the other night. The...
  8. okie408

    THR joining the sore butt crowd

    Hello hipsters!! I have a quick question for everyone. Like I have said in the last several updates hip pain is basically not an issue. Sure I still have sore spots if I lay on my side wrong and my thighs do not have their full strength back but as far as daily hip pain it is gone. My...
  9. okie408

    THR joining the sore butt crowd

    Hello everyone. Not much new to add just wanted to say hello. I'm still doing good on the new hips and have very little trouble getting around. I still do not have the strength like I use to but mainly when standing up from a sitting position. Nothing very noticable though. Here is an...
  10. okie408

    THR joining the sore butt crowd

    Well I am at my part time job today. Not much going on here. The hips are still doing well and my balance is getting better. It has been almost 10 months since the first surgery and I have no complaints. Last week I even had to climb a 7 foot chain link fence. Not that big of a deal I guess, but...
  11. okie408

    THR joining the sore butt crowd

    Just checking in real quick. Boy am I glad the 4th of July is over. This town looked like it turned into one of those post war movies that you see where people are chasing each other down. My shift only had 9 officers for a town of 40,000. we each took about 20 calls for service that night...
  12. okie408

    Will I return to work

    Hi Kevin, Welcome to BoneSmart. I saw that Jaycey had mentioned me. I can completely identify with your story. I am 42 years old and have been a police officer for almost 21 years now. I started having hip and back pain a bout 4 years ago. I went to chiropractors and that would help some...
  13. okie408

    THR joining the sore butt crowd

    Well, the fun times are over for now. Two weeks of vacation behind me and now I am back to work. The kids and I had a blast at summer camp. Camp photos are posted on a link from the Oklahoma Forestry web site. No hip pain at all in quite a while. I had to lay on the ground the other day to...
  14. okie408

    Job Challenges

    Something that might help when it comes time to go back to work is called a BackDefender. It is like an "h" harness and keeps the weight of the belt on your shoulders instead of your hips. I have tried to work without it and it doesnt feel right. I have promised to pass mine along when I...
  15. okie408

    Job Challenges

    Hey CJ, I was just checking in and saw that you found the site. I hope the surgery went well. Stryker was the name brand of both of my hip prosthesis. The people on here are a world of knowledge and a great support system. Stay up on your meds, use lots of ice, and take it easy. Feel free to...
Back
Top Bottom