Recent content by Nzshaz

  1. N

    TKR Three weeks out getting impatient!

    Any thoughts Josephine about the pain? I am going back to my surgeon this week on the advice of my GP I have an abnormal CRP result. Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
  2. N

    TKR Three weeks out getting impatient!

    D LF4 Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart® @Josephine
  3. N

    TKR Three weeks out getting impatient!

    Hello again fellow bone smarties well I thought I was so clever but I have a patch of pain sweeping and hotness on the left hand side of my knee. It has never gone away from 18 Dec 2013 when I had the TKR on the left side. I have complete range of movement just tightness and pain in one spot...
  4. N

    TKR Three weeks out getting impatient!

    The star was on the top right hand corner of my post a wee while ago but has now disappeared so I am not sure what that means-no matter. And Josephine you can't love him as much as me! Take care, Nzshaza LTKR 18/12/13
  5. N

    TKR Three weeks out getting impatient!

    Hello all, Just reporting in that I saw my OS on Friday. He is very very pleased with my bend didn't measure it as I can bend it as well as the other leg and straighten as well. He explained that I simply can't exercise my way out of this and is very happy with what I am doing which is getting...
  6. N

    TKR Three weeks out getting impatient!

    Thanks, what does it mean when there is an orange star on the post? Hope all is well with you
  7. N

    TKR Three weeks out getting impatient!

    Hi there, Just posting that I made it through half a day at work today but really needed the ice when I got home. I think I am on my way and my life is returning Nzshaza TKR 18/12/13
  8. N

    TKR Three weeks out getting impatient!

    This is my last day off work so am sitting in bed making the most of it. I am a little fearful about returning to work but have negotiated a return on a part time basis for a few weeks and hope that will work ok. Hope all other bone smarties are going well, I will post to see how things are with...
  9. N

    TKR Three weeks out getting impatient!

    Generally the knee feels uncomfortable rather than painful, the spasms come on at night. I had restless legs before the surgery and this has exacerbated it. I am taking 200 mg sustained release tramadol twice a day with paracetamol 6 hourly. That controls the pain. I was previously I.e. Before...
  10. N

    TKR Three weeks out getting impatient!

    Hello fellow bone smarties, I just wanted to share that I actually slept 6 hours straight in my own bed last night, hopefully it will continue. So good :-) Sharyn TKR 18/12/13
  11. N

    TKR Three weeks out getting impatient!

    Dear Bone Smarties, I am still not feeling too bad and will be returning to work next week. My problem now is not my knee it is feeling quite good and if that was the only thing I would be great. The issue that I am having at the moment is my left ankle which spasms when I am trying to go to...
  12. N

    TKR The Journey Continues

    Hi Ziggysmum, Hope you are feeling better today. I had a "funk"day today as well due to lack of sleep more than anything else I think. I have found that many of my muscles are in a huge state of shock so I have been massaging them madly and they do feel better tonight. My knee itself doesn't...
  13. N

    TKR Three weeks out getting impatient!

    Hi all, Moving along really well now. I got the dreaded restless legs but the magnesium taken early in the day seems to have helped. I feel like I am making progress doing more around the house cooking dinner and taking a couple of days instead of a couple of hours to clean my house. I am...
  14. N

    TKR Three weeks out getting impatient!

    Dear all, Just reporting that I am feeling a whole lot better. Have managed to wean off some of the heavier painkillers, still on tramadol though sustained release. I am not able to take anti inflammatories but saw on this website that someone was talking about topical ones-duh hadn't even...
  15. N

    TKR Three weeks out getting impatient!

    Thanks everyone for your replies. It's good to know that there are people out there that care and can give support. I have been icing, icing, icing, elevating and doing some light exercises and it feels much much better today. I had a great sleep last night and the world seems a better...
Back
Top Bottom