Recent content by nuttybrunette

  1. nuttybrunette

    TKR And the Marathon Begins<<

    Hello Old Friends-It's been a little over a year since my LTKR. Now having both knees all fixed up I can do much more. I asked my husband a couple weeks ago that now that I've got it fixed, where are we going? As in where are we traveling. He was game, so I booked a trip to Spain. Leaving in...
  2. nuttybrunette

    TKR And the Marathon Begins<<

    @Celle Yes, for sure I am watching that uneven ground thing. I teach and used to take shortcuts through grassy areas. No more of that. I stick to the concrete sidewalks. My principal is so kind and has arranged for my neighbor teacher to walk her class and my class out to the back fence...
  3. nuttybrunette

    TKR And the Marathon Begins<<

    It's been awhile since I've been here. I'm at almost 8 months now and I've been busy with life and work. I'm back because of a potential setback. Advice is surely appreciated. @Josephine and/or anyone with experience. In addition to bad knees, I also have bad ankles/feet. Bone on bone in...
  4. nuttybrunette

    TKR The Journey Continues

    Hi Vonnie! How are you getting along? Dancing yet? I bet it does or will feel sooooo good when you do. I play flute in a band and just got back to it this week. Was great to participate again. I’m back to teaching a bunch of crazy second graders. Oh man, are they busy and active. I think we’re...
  5. nuttybrunette

    TKR Pain 2 years after TKR

    I’m in California and we only wear shorts for months and months. I’d put sunscreen on it but just the sun shining on it at the pool or driving would hurt. Sunscreen doesn’t help that. I keep a little towel in the car to drape over my knee when driving as the sun always seems to shine right on...
  6. nuttybrunette

    TKR The Journey Continues

    Agreed on the standing. I’m back at work teaching and my teaching friends want to stand around on breaks and chat and I’m like hi and bye with them so I can keep moving. Hope they don’t think I’m rude. Vonnie, I’m only 110 and if I think too much about it I can get anxious. So I try not to...
  7. nuttybrunette

    TKR And the Marathon Begins<<

    I blended in with normal people tonight. I didn’t get ONE sideways funny look. Went to a beautiful ceremony at a park where you could purchase a floating lantern in honor of a loved one that has passed. My brother in law passed away in July so I went with my sister. It’s a Japanese tradition...
  8. nuttybrunette

    TKR And the Marathon Begins<<

    Really @Dzina ? Interesting.
  9. nuttybrunette

    TKR And the Marathon Begins<<

    @Josephine Had my last PT appointment today. I got a great butt rub out if it. Lol lol. He thinks it’s ITB issues too. So now I’ve got to learn to run it all myself. Hope it will get resolved so I can sleep. Any other advice?
  10. nuttybrunette

    TKR And the Marathon Begins<<

    Taking 1000 at bedtime and another 1000 around 3 am. Also taking those Hyland leg cramp pills, using a tens machine, and heating pad. And yes exactly those areas!
  11. nuttybrunette

    TKR And the Marathon Begins<<

    Hi @Josephine I am really struggling most nights with pain starting from high on my rear all the way down my thigh in the back and side in a large swath, almost down to my knee. On the chart it looks to be : S-Z L1B and L2B I mentioned it briefly to OS, who pretty much dismissed it as muscles...
  12. nuttybrunette

    TKR The Journey Continues

    Good to hear from you! Maybe that one knee is just slower but talking to your surgeon will help you with answers and peace of mind. My 13 week knee only goes 105. It creeps ever so slowly up in its ROM. 500 does seem expensive for an exercise class. What kind of exercise is it? I don’t think...
  13. nuttybrunette

    TKR And the Marathon Begins<<

    Please don't think any less of me, but I have been hooked on Orange is the New Black since season 1. I've been binge watching it on Netflix the past few days. Yesterday, there was an episode where the inmates were cut off from their illegal train of oxy. It showed them all sitting around...
  14. nuttybrunette

    TKR And the Marathon Begins<<

    Thank you @Dzina Coincidently I bought some for my mom last week and hadn't given it to her yet. AND its Lavendar!! She has taken a bath every night of my life. When we were kids it was were sacred alone time, there were 3 of us girls-sisters. She has horrible arthritis, too. She must have...
  15. nuttybrunette

    TKR And the Marathon Begins<<

    Thank you all very much for your info!!! Having that info helped me be informed when I went to a doctor today. It's impossible to get into "my" doctor. Weeks out in appointments so I went to an Urgent Care place that I actually go to more than my own doctor. Very well run and I like the...
Back
Top Bottom