Recent content by Nu nee

  1. Nu nee

    2018 April Rainbows - Are you having knee surgery in April?

    April 6, 2018 will be my RTKR. I had the left one done 02/2013. I was so happy to have found you then because I was miserable. Especially in the middle of the night. I know more about what to expect this time, but, I don't want to go it alone this time, either.
  2. Nu nee

    TKR Everything Comes to She Who Waits

    Hi Pat 99. I have been gone for a while. How are things with you? Although I have been gone you have been on my mind wondering now you knee is. I had my six month follow up last month and my MD said that everything is on target. Hmmm All summer it seems that when I got home from work I...
  3. Nu nee

    TKR New here

    Oh one other thing, though that had me worked up was the swelling in my lower leg and ankles. I tend to get this every year during the warm months. This summer it has been much more. I am sure that come fall I will not be able to wear my shoes I am currently wearing. Went to the MD who...
  4. Nu nee

    TKR New here

    Hi Pat 99 and Ready, I missed both of you recently. I haven't been here as much as I was before. I do need to share an amazing thing, though. I said to my husband on Sunday that it was my best know day, yet. I was up and down stairs doing laundry and each time I was amazed that I got to the...
  5. Nu nee

    TKR New here

    @Pat99. I am too old to be concerned about how my scar looks. It is not so pretty, but, it doesn't bother me. I usually wear pants and if the weather ever warms up here I will wear capris. I am sure as time passes the scar will fade. My knees sound like yours, the palm tree. So I tend not to...
  6. Nu nee

    TKR New here

    Hello everyone. I had an UTI and got Cipro. I am glad that I didn't have problems with it. I have done something different this week. I have been a little down because I couldn't see that my knee bend was getting any better. It seemed like I could barely get 90 when I had 112 in PT. So...
  7. Nu nee

    TKR Everything Comes to She Who Waits

    Pat99 you are funny. I will get in line for the total head replacement. It seems that I really can't think right since my surgery! I use an ipad for bonesmart while sitting up in bead. It works great.
  8. Nu nee

    TKR Everything Comes to She Who Waits

    Pat 99. I don't know how far it bent that morning. I thought over 90. It could have been my imagination or a dream since I had just awakened. It certainly was not 120.
  9. Nu nee

    TKR New here

    Turtle, hi. My husband doesn't understand either. He just told me this evening again...'I just need to walk more to work out the tightness'. That remark didn't deserve an answer since I have explained it all before. You have a good weekend and take it easy.
  10. Nu nee

    TKR New here

    Pat 99, I am sorry, but your description of yourself made me laugh. Only because I was seeing myself in you. I bobble along, just haven't been in the rain. I too feel like an old lady. As a matter of fact, I was walking down the street yesterday and this woman who was older than me was...
  11. Nu nee

    TKR Everything Comes to She Who Waits

    Pat99, I was just noticing this morning before I got out of bed, my knee was bending nicely and it didn't feel as though there was a lot of pulling inside to do so. By the time I got to work it was tight again. My husband keeps telling me that I should walk more and it will loosen up quicker...
  12. Nu nee

    TKR New here

    Pat 99. I still have that soreness on both sides of my scar. I think that it is going away in sections. It's easier for me to touch it now. For a while I would just cringe is I inadvertently touched it. Work is taking all of my energy. Today I just wanted to put my head down on my desk and...
  13. Nu nee

    TKR New here

    Hi Ready. I am hanging in. Talk about drain. I come home dead, as in too tired to eat. I am home by 4PM. Yesterday, I decided that I needed a lie down before I could do anything. I sit quite a bit these days. I try to remember to get up and walk. I don't like walking because of the...
  14. Nu nee

    Revision TKR Turtle's Revision scheduled for July 19, 2016

    Hi Turtle, we have not met, but I had my left knee replaced Feb. 11 this year. I am glad to see that you went to the MD about the tightness around the knee and that you were tole that all is well. I have been thinking that I should go see my doctor. I will wait a little while longer and see...
  15. Nu nee

    TKR Everything Comes to She Who Waits

    Hi Pat 99. Yes we are traveling the same road at the same time. I will be 65 in Nov. You are right, we can't be doing backwards so forward motion it is. I was just thinking today that I was noticing a subtle difference. My knee was still stiff, but something was different. I couldn't...
Back
Top Bottom