Recent content by np7

  1. np7

    Revision TKR Scared about surgery

    Many of us out here do feel your pain and really empathize. Know that we are all pulling for you!
  2. np7

    TKR Bikeknit's Recovery Thread

    Good for you! too bad you don't live in California where you can get outside comfortably every day
  3. np7

    TKR Struggling for answers

    I am recovering from my 2nd TKR in 4 months and My experience re pain is as follows. I take the max amount of Tylenol, 3000mg a day, and use Tylenol PM at bedtime to help with sleep. Personally, I think your doc is wrong on painkillers but read the Bonesmart articles/links on that, especially...
  4. np7

    TKR Trouble sleeping after LTKR

    I found that backing off on physical activity really helped me with pain and sleeping as Sistersinhim suggested above. Taking Tylenol PM at bedtime helps too. Also, in my case proper timing of opioids have helped with sleep. My first TKR was August and the second was 12/2. Good luck. You...
  5. np7

    TKR 8 days post op

    DeeOne you are one lucky lady -- no pain, or nearly so. If you have have read any of the posts here you will know just how lucky you are. I (first TKR in August, 2nd on 12/2) too was off the walker quickly, about 5 days in my case and then several more days with a cane. However, I have had to...
  6. np7

    TKR TKR November 3, 2020

    glad to hear that your second TKR has gone so well--and that you made it past the sepsis incident. I just had my second TKR, 3 months after the first, and am looking to getting out and charging up and down the hills here in the SFBay area. Also, it is nice to see another septuagenarian here.
  7. np7

    TKR 5 weeks after surgery

    We are all pulling for you out here in BoneSmart Land! Everyone's experiences are unique to themselves, and it's even true that TKR of first one and then the other knee will result in very differences. reading your thread One aid that seemed underused is ice. But in meaningful ways we have all...
  8. np7

    TKR 6wks, doing great

    Week one after 2nd TKR. It definitely seems like there is more pain and swelling this time around, although many in the medical field will say that we tend to forget pain, a view my OS has after having done hundreds (thousands?) of TKRs and THRs. The pain is unrelenting and nighttime...
  9. np7

    TKR 6wks, doing great

    Boy, that is sure true for me--so far very little correlation be tween the 2. After #2 I can still barely lift my leg and usually use a device that hooks over the foot. The pain and swelling is much greater than before. And now, which is more troubling, I am getting flashes of plantar...
  10. np7

    TKR 6wks, doing great

    TKR #2 in 3 days, 12/2/20. #1 was roughly 3 months ago and recovery/rehab on that is going well so, since I am just aging in place here, decided to proceed with #2. Actually, both knees have been bad; I need both replaced to return to active hiking. I used to do a lot more, but I will be...
  11. np7

    Revision TKR Scared about surgery

    You have been through a lot and we are all pulling for you. (My first TKR was 3 months ago and the other knee will be done 12/2/20). I bought a leg rest from Lounge Doctor and love it; although don't bother with the extra wide version.
  12. np7

    TKR 6wks, doing great

    best strengthening exercises? I am too impatient to just rely on daily activity to rebuild strength as I really want to get out and hike but I can't get out every day and the readily accessible trails are all hilly so I want to be working on strength when I can't get out. Three days ago I...
  13. np7

    TKR 6wks, doing great

    thank you sistersinhim & Bikeknit for your comments. As always, commonsense can be relied on. My therapist encouraged me to continue with the ROM exercises saying that sometimes people regress but I am not concerned. Bikeknit... Video visits worked out fine for me. Re measurements, I would...
  14. np7

    TKR 6wks, doing great

    Am I done yet (wk 11)? Heel slides dont seem to have much effect anymore--my calf is pushing up against my upper leg and it just doesn't seem physically possible to go much further. In my last video therapist visit she measured my flexion at 119. Wall slides seem to have a bit more benefit...
  15. np7

    TKR August

    Sounds like you got yourself on the right track now. My wife had TKR, both, one-at-a-time, several years ago and I learned from her not to be afraid of opiods and to take them in advance of exercising: prophylactically, not after-the-fact. And that worked. Too bad that you did not have...
Back
Top Bottom