Recent content by nonny

  1. nonny

    THR recovering from TRHR and dealing with RA

    I had my total right hip replacement on August 16, 2017 and am now almost six weeks out. I should have started a recovery thread then, but my bad. In the hopes that it'll help other RA hip replacement patients, I've decided to write about the challenges that having pretty severe RA have...
  2. nonny

    Multiple Hip Issues but Doctor says I have to wait

    I, too, have terrible pain. I have a little relief with Celebrex (2 per day), and one oxycodone per day at around 4pm. That one pain pill helps me a lot. I also fine that heat helps me and I bought a shiatzu massager that has heat. I use it and it helps when the pain is pretty bad. Find another...
  3. nonny

    THR Freedom's anterior Lthr

    Glad to hear the local hospital was a good experience. I believe I will be having anterior. I start a whole slew of pre-op appointments tomorrow and I'll get more information about my surgery. I think I'm going to go with whatever he recommends. Can you tell that I cannot wait? My quality of...
  4. nonny

    THR Freedom's anterior Lthr

    Hi @Freedom! Been following your recovery as I am right behind you on August 16th and cannot wait. I, also, live alone and have one cat (I cannot fathom how you are coping with them all; you are a saint!). It was encouraging to hear your surgeon tell you it's okay to bend at the waist to scoop...
  5. nonny

    Replacement age

    Hi @Pjw65, I am much older than you, but I cannot tell you how much I wish I'd had surgery on both hips sooner. I have had osteo and rheumatoid arthritis in both hips for about twenty years. It changed the quality of my very active life (Vinyasa yoga, walking, caring for grandchildren, teaching...
  6. nonny

    2017 August Hot Shots - Are you having hip surgery in August?

    Hi @gypsygirl! We are twins; same surgery date. I can't wait, but I'm nervous, too. Six weeks this Wednesday. Do you need your other hip replaced also? I do. One at a time, though.
  7. nonny

    What kind of hip though?

    You have made my day! I'm the same age as you and I need to be pain free and back enjoying my life to the fullest! I have a young (39) surgeon, at a great "ortho replacement" hospital and I will take your advice. I can't wait until my surgery on August 16th and my chance to reclaim my life. I...
  8. nonny

    Multiple Hip Issues but Doctor says I have to wait

    Hi @Grace71! That's not a good answer from the doctor; why would anyone ask you to suffer for ten years? I'm sure he wouldn't put up with that pain. I am also in Massachusetts and am scheduled to have total right hip replacement on August 16. I so empathize with you re: the pain, as what you...
  9. nonny

    June 27th my big day

    Speedy recovery. Sending only good Karma your way.
  10. nonny

    August date

    Hi Woodwitch, We are having the same surgery, same side, close in age, and we're both New Englanders! I can't wait, but am apprehensive just the same. Instead of buying high heels, I've been getting a cane, a grab bar for my shower and more lovely medically-themed gifts for myself. Some days I...
  11. nonny

    June 20th left THR

    Good fortune today! You'll be back on our beautiful beaches in no time!
  12. nonny

    Pre-Op Blues

    I, too, am waiting for my surgery after being in denial until I can barely walk! Mine is August 16, so you will be the trailblazer. From almost everyone I have read that the pain is gone right after surgery and you are just left with the surgical pain, which gets better and better. We are lucky...
  13. nonny

    Oregon Hip Surgeon for BMI 43

    @wren72 Gosh! Just read this thread and I have nothing to offer but my sympathetic thoughts going out to you. I hope you have found a surgeon to help you get better. I know how bad I'm feeling waiting for surgery. I will look out for you on this site. Good karma only for you. So sorry you have...
  14. nonny

    Struggling with pre-op pain

    I have pretty aggressive rheumatoid arthritis that I feel I'm successfully battling. My orthopedist showed me my xrays of hips and showed me typical osteo arthritis and pretty typical rheumatoid nodules that have grown on my hip. So he said it's both. I'm so glad the surgery has worked for you...
  15. nonny

    Finger/Thumb Thumb Trapezium Replacement 6/16/17

    It's so difficult to hold back when you are basically a healthy, active person. I'm so glad that the surgery is not as painful as you feared. At least it is the time of year when you can be outside. I'm impressed that you did this so soon after hip replacement, but I see the reasoning. My...
Back
Top Bottom