Recent content by Nohipwndr

  1. N

    THR New hip, new beginning.

    It's almost here....the new beginning! Take your time, follow the bonesmart mantras. We are rooting for you!
  2. N

    THR April 12 Anterior R THR

    Yes, Yes! I had that too but mine was down closer to my knee on the outside of the leg. I think mine had something to do with the IT band. As time is moving that shooting, burning pain comes less and less. Looks like I'm 9 days ahead of you! Good luck to you!
  3. N

    THR Nohipwndr recovery thread<

    17 days post op. Doing great. Took myself to the grocery store for the first time today. That was quite tiring! Walk outside twice a day for 15-20 minutes each time. Practicing standing up straight and walking without limping. Somebody told me better to walk a shorter distance and not limp than...
  4. N

    THR Nohipwndr recovery thread<

    Today is two weeks post op. Feeling really good today. Out for a nice walk early this morning. Trying not to lean on the walker as much and having some success with that. I'm so ready get back in the car! I know the caveat is I cannot be taking any narcotics. So I am attempting to stop them...
  5. N

    THR Cathy's Recovery<

    Happy B Day!!! Wishing you a better nights sleep tonight!. Good days are just ahead!
  6. N

    THR Nohipwndr recovery thread<

    @carolm No worries friend. I'm happy to share with you! Today is day 13 post op. Feeling steadily better every day. I was able to get outside and walk a bit twice yesterday! A little bit farther each time. Today I took my first stand up shower and washed my hair since surgery. I've been sitting...
  7. N

    THR Cathy's Recovery<

    @VThereandnow Oh Cathy, Sounds just great! Each day is just a bit better than the last. I too feel like its time to get out and start doing stuff! And I'm thinking if I feel this good 13 days out I'm wondering how good I'll feel another week from now!
  8. N

    THR Cathy's Recovery<

    @Nivea yes indeed, this THR was quite a bit more intense than I had imagined! As @VThereandnow said anyone who hears that you've had a THR tells their story of someone they know who "recovered pretty quick" ..... It can be very disheartening. I hadn't thought about my neighbors comparing my...
  9. N

    THR Nohipwndr recovery thread<

    @Irish Joe Thanks so much. You are one awesome cheerleader! Hope things are going along well for you.
  10. N

    THR Nohipwndr recovery thread<

    @carolm Thanks for the info about the Lateral Femoral Cutaneous Nerve! I just saw that post today! I did some research on it and I believe I can rule that out. Always good to have info. I believe my problem is with that IT band. That fits all my symptoms. Hope things are going well for you and...
  11. N

    THR Nohipwndr recovery thread<

    Here I am at day 12 post op. Wow what a difference a few days makes! I've stopped trying to do those exercises. I'm icing for longer periods of time. I'm taking my pain meds in a more regular fashion. And now I'm moving around quite a bit more. My attitude is so much better. I'm still using the...
  12. N

    THR Procedure update 4/12/2017

    @xthoney YES. I felt/feel the same way. My post op leg feels longer than the other one. But I don't think that is really true. A friend came over and pointed out that when I am standing up that my right shoulder was noticibly lower than my left. Operated side is the right. When I looked in the...
  13. N

    THR Nohipwndr recovery thread<

    Thanks @Jaycey . It is up and down. Many times all in the same day! I think that's all part of fighting the depression too! I did get outside yesterday and oh how gorgeous it was! Today is supposed to be another spectacular day and I'm planning another outing. Maybe I can walk just a little...
  14. N

    THR Nohipwndr recovery thread<

    @VThereandnow Thanks Cathy, You are correct. I would be so much kinder to a patient than I am to myself. I so want to say that every day my pain is slightly better. And maybe it really is. I think the numbness is getting better and the leg just feels so strange as it's waking up! Maybe that's...
  15. N

    THR Cathy's Recovery<

    @VThereandnow Wow! That's great. Graduating to canes! Wonderful new! I'm short and even I lean over using the walker. I still fear I use it way too much but I'm going to cut myself a break and not get crazy about that til after two weeks time. I do try to stand up straighter but succumb to that...
Back
Top Bottom